89 samurai build

MOX

Club Member
never welded sheet metal before, borrowed neighbors mig...not pretty but it worked!
left rear corner.jpgright rear corner.jpgtail gate section.jpgwelded tailgate.jpg

Attachments

• painted.jpg
    painted.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 35

junkpile

Really nice proportions, looking great. What are your plans for the surplus frame and floor? Lop it off? Rear winch mount?

MOX

Club Member
Really nice proportions, looking great. What are your plans for the surplus frame and floor? Lop it off? Rear winch mount?
Thanks!
I'm going to cut it off leaving just enough frame for a bumper with a receiver for a winch and a place to tie in a roll cage.

MOX

Club Member
I like it!

Plan on going to a slightly bigger tire? What's on it now?
Now it has worn out 32's , super swampers ... Im running those for 2014, I don't think my axles will handle much more plus it's not geared yet.
Next big purchases would be:
-winch
-axle gears
-transfer case gears
-cage material
Not in that order, when ever deals pop up.

MOX

Club Member
image.jpg
Kind of a test plus update...took pic with iPad then adding to ovo forum rather than downloading pics from phone onto PC.
Pic looks grainy compared to my phone, but you can see I removed the floor section from the rear frame rails and patched a huge hole that was infront of the rear wheel.

MOX

Club Member
took out the gas tank before I continue cleaning up the rear end ...I had picked up a tank last year that is in better shape.
old tank.jpgnew tank.jpgtank out.jpgstreet view.jpg

MOX

Club Member
back bumper

drilled through the frame, welded in a sleeve for 3/8 bolts, 45'd a piece of angle for clearance then notched the back wall to fit a 2" receiver I got at princess auto ($17 right now)
going to bolt and weld receiver in place, also weld frame rails to inside bumper.
drilled.jpgwelded.jpgbumper.jpgbumper2.jpg

MOX

Club Member
thanks to the guys at NO LIMITS for having a 20" piece of brake lines with metric fittings, fit perfect!
bad news is I blew another line while bleeding the system, along the frame to the rear flex lines....... burger do you guys have two 30" pieces with the metric M10 fittings, flared fittings?....I am going to replace both

Burger

Club Member
No problem at all, was nice to put a face to the name and good to meet you. Yes i have 2 30" lines in stock. swing by any time :beer:

MOX

Club Member
No problem at all, was nice to put a face to the name and good to meet you. Yes i have 2 30" lines in stock. swing by any time :beer:
nice! I was going to come over tonight but stayed at work too long, ill be there tomorrow or Wednesday, can you save me two?

MOX

Club Member
-gas tank mounts drilled and tapped
-3 brake lines replaced
-picked up fuel filter, line, clamps & 5 stupid little M4 screws for the sending unit (.65 cents)
-~ORDERED CARB!~ :D = should be here next week, I should be running by the end of the month!!!!!!!