A little help please

R

Regimental

Okay.

So I bought a jeep. It's green and trail rated and stock and I think I really want to make it bigger and off-roady (once the wife let's me, something about money and warranties).

So here's the problem. Other than a tractor and an old field truck when I was a kid, I have never done the off road thing. I don't even know where to really start other than the farmer's tracks around town here where I live. Is there anyone that would be willing to take a Sunday and show me and my wife the...
Please login to view full content. Log in or register now.

J

Jason

Bump for Reg, hopefully someone with a running car can show you the ropes.

2Greys

Insert title here
Club Member
Welcome to OVO! There are a lot of good and helpful people here and I definitely commend you on wanting to get out there and wanting someone to take you out. You don't want to go it alone ever. However you picked a bad time of the year as it seems most people stop around hunting season although I am surprised no one else has come forward. Myself, I use it as a DD and have already put my winters on otherwise I would go.

Couple of the local stock friendly trails are:
Darling Road
Burnt Lands
Carp Trail
The Gorge
I believe all of these are west of Ottawa and I think the farthest out is the Gorge near Calabogie.

Hope you find someone! Even a month ago you would have been able to get at least 5 trucks worth.

Okay.

So I bought a jeep. It's green and trail rated and stock and I think I really want to make it bigger and off-roady (once the wife let's me, something about money and warranties).

So here's the problem. Other than a tractor and an old field truck when I was a kid, I have never done the off road thing. I don't even know where to really start other than the farmer's tracks around town here where I live. Is there anyone that would be willing to take a Sunday and show me and my wife the basics on a rather user friendly trail? I'd be willing to buy the beers and food afterwards.

Drop me a PM and let me know.

Reg

chunkytrunks

That's MR.EX Pres to you!
Club Member
Welcome to OVO.ca Yeah unfortunatly it's hunting season and we like to stay out of the way with the guys with the shotguns :D. We will probibly get one winter snow run in after hunting season as long as there is not a pile of snow.

Matt:beer:

D

Dirk

Dwayne and I are planning on going to the Gorge to test his new tires and gears this weekend sometime. You'd be welcome to come along.

dwcjwerfner

Club Member
Yeah we figure it isn't really a hunting area, and besides it is our backyard :rolleyes: . Also I know Dirk would like to try his new 38's if somebody would just sell him some 16" 6 bolt rims. :p

Dwayne

R

Regimental

Which day this weekend are you thinking of going? I work Saturday morning.

Where is the Gorge?

Did I mention I am also new to the area. I live in Winchester, so how far a drive is it?

What should I bring with me?

Let me know.

Reg

CaptainFitz

Official Wannabe
Club Member
Hey Reg,

I am also in Winchester, but my tuck is not so god right now.. The gorge is a good trail to get out and see. it is a bit of a drive from here, about 2 hours, it is in the calabogie area.

There is not a lot in this area, so we tend to head a bit west for most trails.

Tim

ps. Welcome

R

Regimental

Hey Tim,

Tell me about it. Other than driving down Gypsy Lane to Chesterville!

Oh well, that's why I am here. To learn of areas to go wheeling and to have fun, without busting the crap out of my rig, which would be bad, as it is the wife's daily driver.

Sigh, I need more jeeps!

Reg

R

Regimental

Okay, so where do I meet you guys? What time? Worse case scenario I can be a passenger for the day so I can get an idea of the trail and how on can drive the trail.

Let me know.

Reg

chunkytrunks

That's MR.EX Pres to you!
Club Member
The trail is a pick your poisin type trail. It is a easy basic trail with optionals everywhere. It's a great trail to start off with.

Brad, truck still broken?

I'm buisy this weekend. Wish i could but there are kids that need toys!!!!

dwcjwerfner

Club Member
What bracket Brad? And if so do you need help with that? If that is the case get it to Renfrew because Dirk is one hell of a good welder.

Dwayne
:beer:

Last edited:

bradleyfitz

Club Member
What bracket Brad? And if so do you need help with that? If that is the case get it to Renfrew because Dirk is one hell of a good welder.

Dwayne
:beer:

An upper control arm bracket is 90% ripped off the frame from the PA trip ... just can't decide if I should haul it to someone to get it welded back up or just put the jeep away for the winter.

Mitko

The G-Spot
Club Member
I'll be TB for photos if anyone has a seat and is leaving from Zellers :beer:
I can come as well; and pick you up at Zellers; not with the real one dought but with my wife's car, I will let you know shortly ; hows about 9:30sh.