Army XJ build!

polo609

Army XJ build! Update !

:beer: Cheers!

A little bit about me...i'm a honda fan but i've always loved jeeps..and especially the way the XJ looked and i've always wanted one. I'm a reservist so thus why I named the build army jeep because i wanted something that resembled a very military like truck.

I also wanted to build something that would be able to withstand mother nature, floods, snowstorms and small disasters.

So when i picked up this 95 XJ,despite 278K's, it already had...
Please login to view full content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

Mitko

The G-Spot
Club Member
Nice... hm..... color.
No offence but jeep and army.....
Wanna army vehicle - get what me and Canadian Forces got.
Just kiding.

polo609

Update! Big thanks to Cochise for providing a locked 8.25 for a great price! Goodbye d35!

Some work done today..

Cleaning up the new axle

Found some jacks to put it on ..much better

Sprayed and ready to go..

Its not going under just yet, gotta get some discs for the rear and a diff cover, also need new 4.5 leafs..

O.D.

Club Member
Nice color scheme you got going there :)

Very original ... *lol*.

XJ looks good.

polo609

Update! Wow its been a while, ive been working on this sucker for a while on my days off, it was a real pain getting the leafs off to put these new ones in.

Before

After
Does this look like 4.5" in the rear? PO claims the leafs are good for 4.5" of lift but it seems like way more.

Working on getting the RE superflex short arms in..anyone have drop brackets?

Farm Boy

Bought the Farm
I'm not much for XJs but if you have to install new brackets, why not go with long arms off the bat?
Even used springs take a bit to settle in when swaped into a different vehicle. Definately better than before though.

W

woodendude

A noticed a day or two ago that you had an axle back under the ass end of that. It looks good!!

polo609

Thanks man, went through alot of trouble doing the swap plus changing the leafs but im really happy with it now..i had to grind down the slip yoke because of binding along the driveshaft. I was able to get a couple more degrees out of the yoke to move the jeep around. Its just temporary..as i ordered a high clearance slip yoke from rubicon express! Next year would be the sye.

polo609

I'm not much for XJs but if you have to install new brackets, why not go with long arms off the bat?
Even used springs take a bit to settle in when swaped into a different vehicle. Definately better than before though.
I honestly thought about long arms and almost bought the kit that baja was selling but i got leafs plus front uppers and lowers for about 400$ and another 150 would get me the drop brackets..compared to 800 for long arms. Its what i can afford at the time lol

polo609

I plan to get out on the trails at least two times before winter hits...what / where do you guys recommend i do/ go because i have no plates on it yet..

polo609

An update!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So i've put in the new 29spline 8.25 with powertrax locker
got new RC nitro 8000 shocks for the rear
4.5 rear leafs on stock shackles ( that was a bitch)
rocker guard along the bottom and on the roof
ARB KNOCKOFF SNORKEL!!!!
1.5 inch TC drop