Army XJ build!

Logan

apparently the prezident
Club Member
Looks good. If you dont mind me asking, where did you get the knock off snorkle, and approx. how much?

Cochise

An update!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So i've put in the new 29spline 8.25 with powertrax locker
got new RC nitro 8000 shocks for the rear
4.5 rear leafs on stock shackles ( that was a bitch)
rocker guard along the bottom and on the roof
ARB KNOCKOFF SNORKEL!!!!
1.5 inch TC drop

Looking good.

Take it out for a spin yet?

I hope the gears front and back are the same. :stir:

(They should be.) :flipoff:

polo609

Yep the snorkel is off ebay just looked for the one that came with the accessories and the template for the snorkel bolts.

Thx again cochise for the axle i know its been a while but everything is a learning curve lol took it for a spin around the block already so its all good. Noticed a few vibes so i got the tc dropnow im waiting to take it out again. Im planning to go out to darling road next week or the week after!

polo609

Ready for the trails!

polo609

So a bit of an update, Spring Fever was great, i wish i stayed until Monday but I had to work that Monday...

I had purchased this catback exhaust from Dynomax for about 150 bucks, and It was super easy to put on according to the instructions but of course, the exhaust I had on was all custom made with random piping. I dont have any special tools, and the muffler shop wanted 3 hours worth of labor! So i bought a big ass cutting disk,slapped it onto my drill and started cutting lol. It worked great, however the hanger that comes prewelded onto the exhaust is definatley not on right, and the muffler with tend to roll clockwise and droop down. I had this problem at spring fever and luckily someone had some speaker wire around and i just tightened it up in place. I have since fixed that issue.

Also started doing the disc brake conversion..

So I was taking the main pin out, everything was going well..and then this cute little spring fell out....so I had no idea what it was and i tryed to stick the pin back in and it would not go in...I looked inside and theres a bunch more little springs that seem out of place....Did I just screw myself over???

Yellow spring..help...

Last edited:

dwcjwerfner

Club Member
http://ovo.ca/forums//showthread.php?4804-Locker-install-removal-question

All your answers were there, it is not screwed it just means that you will need to take out the manual and make sure everything get's assembled according to it. What is interesting is that the spring did fall out, really it should be fairly hard to take out, since the spring is out it means the little pins can fall out.
Read the manual and you will see that it is really a very, very basic mechanical design, Matt put one in a carrier the other day in probably 15-20 mins for me. Yours is almost easier as the carrier stays in the housing.
Read the manual and make sure you have a bright light as you are outside and it will create big shadows inside the housing.

Oh and read the manual and you will be fine.

Dwayne

PS Read the.....nm

polo609

Haha thanks, ive been reading up on it since I posted..your right its fairly simple, but I think I need to take something out before I can push the shafts in and remove the c-clips, reference this picture:
http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n21/mino9991999/Jeep/locker install/Jeeplockerinstall003.jpg

edit/ i think i found exactly what it is, it seems theres like a spacer or something with 4 springs in it that needs to come out before i can take the shafts out
http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n21/mino9991999/Jeep/locker install/Jeeplockerinstall004.jpg

Last edited:

polo609

Ok so a few days, later, I end up putting the locker back together, but as soon as i performed the "function test" with the wheels, I knew something wasnt right and it wasnt working properly...so with all that cursing, sweating and blood...it had to come out again...

Progress so far..
Shafts out

Rotors arrived

Put the backing plates on

The spring that fell out as I was removing the shafts...had the spring stayed in its place, i probably wouldnt have broke the tab on my spacer...ugh so I regreased and put it back in

The culprit, broke this tab..and this was my bad as i was tapping the cross shaft into place, and i knew i wasnt supposed to but after 2 days, i was fed up and out of patience...so a word of advice, if your a newbie like me, patience is key!!

Now im just waiting for a replacement ...gaahh..

Last edited:

Cochise

Ahh well.

As they say, experience is the best teacher!

I have to be honest, when I wrote my last post in your other thread, I woke up the next day, and thought: "I should have mentioned to NOT let those little fawking springs drop out of their slots."

But then I thought: "He's got the manual and the box it came in. He'll figure it out."

:flipoff: