Calabogie sept 4-6

M

MadMax

I haven't received access to the members side yet so someone wanna PM me the deets or be so kind to give me access to private members PLZ? :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kunker

Administrator
Club Member
I haven't received access to the members side yet so someone wanna PM me the deets or be so kind to give me access to private members PLZ? :)

Last time I checked, you haven't been voted in (I could be wrong on that side), nor have you paid your membership dues for the year, so no on the access side. If you are interested in becoming a member, it's 2 meetings, 2 trail rides and a vote. Note: I'm really bad with names, so if you have been out and know all of this, disregard.

While I haven't been to the Quinn or Crag Lake, I suspect it's a little harder than pointing you at the trailhead, but I leave that to the trail leaders.

M

MadMax

Yup got it thanks for being blunt:) that being said I have been out wheeling twice but I've only been to one meeting thus far! So I'll get my rear in gear and get out for the next meeting......so I guess Saturday is out for me then as I have no clue where to meet up......I've made plans for camping as well Saturday evening so guess I'll try and claw that $$ back since its a waste and hopefully I can get some direction for the SUNDAY meet/air down location and which trail we are wheeling that day.....it is Tuesday and I haven't heard much in the way of trails and timings....I like to plan ahead :)

D

Droopy

As a heads up, trailheads aren't typically posted on the public side of the forum.

Oh, sorry, when I expressed interest in the run in my intro post I thought it was something prospective members could attend. How does a prospective member go about getting two rides in? Or are some maybe at more public locations? I can figure out the meetings ;-)

Thanks

M

MadMax

Ok top of the Dam in Calabogie both Sat/Sun for 10am......where exactly is that located I've been to Calabogie a few times but mostly the Ski Hill and the race track.....so I'm some what familiar w the area.

M

MadMax

And I didn't get the impression this was a members only run or is it??

dwcjwerfner

Club Member
No it is not a members only run, the guys running it just haven't checked the site yet. They will fix both of you up. :)

brylade

As far as I'm concerned anyone is welcome to the Saturday run.

Logan will be leading and will have the start times and meet up location.

I think what kunker was trying to say is that we don't give out trail data until you become a member, not that you weren't welcome to the run.

As for meeting locations usually we meet at the parking lot at the top of the hill past the hydro dam.

https://www.google.ca/maps/dir/Antr...82289d8c8b!2m2!1d-76.3751704!2d45.4187462!1m0

M

MadMax

Just got a custom long arm kit installed can't wait to c how it wheels this weekend!

Kunker

Administrator
Club Member
As far as I'm concerned anyone is welcome to the Saturday run.

Logan will be leading and will have the start times and meet up location.

I think what kunker was trying to say is that we don't give out trail data until you become a member, not that you weren't welcome to the run.

As for meeting locations usually we meet at the parking lot at the top of the hill past the hydro dam.

https://www.google.ca/maps/dir/Antr...82289d8c8b!2m2!1d-76.3751704!2d45.4187462!1m0

Correct, my intent was that we don't provide specific trail info on the public side of the forum. Typically the meeting point for any particular trail isn't the trailhead, it's a nearby location. For example, Hopetown is typically the meeting place when we do Lavant, but the trail itself is several km away. Every trail in the Calabogie area typically meets at Antrim on the way up, or the dam, be it the power lines, Crag or Quinn.

Any trail run posted on the public side of the forum is free for all to attend, member or not, and we certainly welcome anyone to join as long as their vehicle is equipped for that particular trail. For this, the trail leader themselves has the final say, although unless you're driving a Subaru, I don't think we've turned anyone away.

There's also a bunch of direction info to get to the dam on the Spring Fever page if you prefer as well:

http://ovo.ca/spring_fever/index_files/Directions.htm

EDIT: and my apologies if it did seem like I was trying to exclude anyone, that wasn't my intent.

Logan

apparently the prezident
Club Member
Sorry, I was swamped yesterday at work. Didnt have any time to check up on here. As Brylade map shows the top of the dam is the meeting spot at 10am sat and sunday.
Everyone is welcome!

yota86

Hello,

I'm interested in possibly making it out to the trail run either Saturday or Sunday. Does anyone know how long I could expect the trail runs to last on Saturday & Sunday? Just trying to plan / decide which day to attend.

Thanks

brylade

If we are doing the power lines on Saturday, which I think is the plan, you could leave any time you want, as the access road intersects the power lines a few times. Depending on which one (Craig or Quin) is on Sunday, then they are more of a trail that needs to be completed or turn around. What you drive and your experience may also limit which one you want to do. I'll let logan set the minimum tire size etc for day 2, but I wouldn't try either with a stock vehicle. You could always come to both if you wanted.

--EDIT - to clarify, by "I wouldn't try either in a stock vehicle" I mean either Craig or Quin, not the Saturday run.

Last edited:

Logan

apparently the prezident
Club Member
Ive done trails in an hour, ive also done the same trails in 6+hours. It all depends on group size, breakage, vehicle capability, etc.
Craig will be sunday. I believe for that you want at least 32" tires and a 2"+ lift. It could be done stock, but expect body damage.
Like stated we are doing the hydro lines saturday. Lots of points to take the access road back if your pressed for time.
I just want it to be a fun day so I dont want to rush it. Everyone just has a good time and try for no breakage or damage.

yota86

Awesome! Just to clarify, I’m not pressed for time or trying to rush the pace. Rather, I just wanted to get a baseline expectation since I’m not familiar with the trails and didn’t know if I was signing up for a 1 hour jaunt or 12 hour excursion.

I think that Sunday may work better for me. I’m running a 93 4Runner with 33’s, 2” lift + 1” body lift. While it’s not my first time off-road with it I would consider myself beginner skill level. Should I be alright to attend Sunday?

Thanks guys!

rikker001

Sorry for asking but the power line run is that the one at Burns town or the green lake one, know the area not the names of the trails, Thanks