Carp Trail June 21

J

JeepJen

Yea I know I am too excited about this stuff.

So Carp Trail next weekend. What's it like? Stock friendly? Stock with a lift friendly :) Simply put I still don't have front tow hooks, can I come?

Mitko

The G-Spot
Club Member
Jenn, this is your time. Carp is a pretty much stock friendly trail, with couple of water crossing and a deep mud pit right at the end, which is not neccesarry to cross. Tow hooks are good to have for this run, but you are so exited that I will do exeption for you :). So you are welcome.

chunkytrunks

That's MR.EX Pres to you!
Club Member
I was lookign at the end of the trail today and it LOOKS like at the Crazy horse they have blocked off everything. Last year you could go around the fence. Now they have added more fence and logs and stuff. So i think we will have to do what we did on our last run and go back out to Carp rd. Should be fun!!
:smokin:

Matt

Kunker

Administrator
Club Member
Count me in this weekend...looking forward to finally getting the truck out.

H

Hurricane

I think I'll give it a go as well since it's supposed to be stock friendly.

J

JeepJen

I'm all set. Borrowed a hand held CB from my father in law and Cobras from my sister in law. This time I have a way to communicate :)

Richard

Commoner
Club Member
Since I'm going to lead this trail I guess I should speak up.

We will meet all fueled up at the Carp arena at 9:30 AM, corner of Carp Rd and Juanita Ave. We leave at 10:00 AM.

Does anyone want to meet and lead a group from in town?

The trail is stock friendly so everyone is welcome. There is a tight spot with lots of branches so custom pinstripping is a possibility ;)

We can run the trail one way and exit close (not at) the former Crazy Horse onto March Rd. But since the trail is short we normally turn around and run it backwards. This also gives people the option not to play in the deeper mud near the March Rd. end.

Jen, if you're willing to wrap a tug strap around your axle and be pulled by it then you can come. Hopefully you have your own strap to drag through the mud?

Mitko

The G-Spot
Club Member
Well, if there is no one I can pick up people from BC Zellers parking, but better to meet Carp.

bradleyfitz

Club Member
I will probably be coming and can lead from Zellers. I may only run the trail one way, depends on how quickly that goes. I will confirm later on in the week.

J

JeepJen

I don't have a strap, well I don't have one without metal hooks on it. Should I pick one up? Where's the cheepest place to get one?

Richard

Commoner
Club Member
Yep, metal hooks on straps are not acceptable. It's not urgent, I can lend you my strap as it's not clean anyways. Cheapest place to buy one is Princess Auto, although Canadian Tire should be a good price too. Get a 2" by 20 or 30 feet long, they're usually rated around 18,000 lbs which is good for your size truck.

J

JeepJen

Jenn, this is your time. Carp is a pretty much stock friendly trail, with couple of water crossing and a deep mud pit right at the end, which is not neccesarry to cross. Tow hooks are good to have for this run, but you are so exited that I will do exeption for you :). So you are welcome.

How deep are said water crossings?

Richard

Commoner
Club Member
They're usually less than 1 foot, though with the rain it might be a bit higher. Your axles will get wet but you'll be fine.

Loco

I'd wheel it
I don't have a strap, well I don't have one without metal hooks on it. Should I pick one up? Where's the cheepest place to get one?

I think princess auto has one on sale right now. Either 29.95 or 39.95 for a 3"x30' if my memory serves me correctly.

Hope this helps.

J

JeepJen

Thanks, I had a plethera of Canadian Tire money so I picked one up there. 2" 20' 17,000lbs. I'll pick up something better eventually but for now I think this will do.

YJ - My concern is if I will need to change my diif fluids afterwards. This is all pretty new so I don't know.

Last edited:

Richard

Commoner
Club Member
Thanks, I had a plethera of Canadian Tire money so I picked one up there. 2" 20' 7,000lbs. I'll pick up something better eventually but for now I think this will do.

YJ - My concern is if I will need to change my diif fluids afterwards. This is all pretty new so I don't know.

If your diff vents are properly connected then you won't have to. If they're not then it's time to fix them!