Carp Trail June 21

bradleyfitz

Club Member
Thanks, I had a plethera of Canadian Tire money so I picked one up there. 2" 20' 7,000lbs. I'll pick up something better eventually but for now I think this will do.

YJ - My concern is if I will need to change my diif fluids afterwards. This is all pretty new so I don't know.

Is that 7000 lbs or 17 000 lbs? A stuck vehicle in mud will require a strap with a breaking strength of anywhere between 100% and 300% of the loaded weight of the vehicle. Which is why Richard recommended an 18k lbs strap.

Better to apply that money towards a heavier duty strap IMO :beer:

Last edited:
A

ajh

Is a stock FJ Cruiser with stock tires going to be OK on that? A friend might come along and that's what they've got :)

Richard

Commoner
Club Member
Can someone else take over leading this trail run? I'm overloaded with work and renovations and don't have time for this. :(

98JeepXJ

any Idea on what time we would be meeting up at Zellers in BC?

J

JeepJen

I will be at Zellers by 9am, if that means I have to leave hubby in bed sleeping ;)

S

snippy

I'm going to be at Zellars for 9am as well, gonna get extra sleep tonight so I don't sleep through my alarm again :)

bradleyfitz

Club Member
We will be departing Zellers at 9:00, so for anyone that is late (this includes 9:01), if there is no one in the parking lot, move on to the Carp fairgrounds.

My cell is 613.882.7507 for anyone running late.

Don't forget bug spray, bugs are still bad.

Brad.

Kunker

Administrator
Club Member
Still meeting those in Carp at the arena, or the fairground? Or is it the same thing?

Richard

Commoner
Club Member
The fairgrounds cover a much bigger area, the arena is more specific. And the Farmer's Market will be open using up much of the fairgrounds.

bradleyfitz

Club Member
As Richard mentioned, the fairgrounds is not quite the same as the arena. I always thought of it as one and the same, but I know where to meet, so it's irrelevant.

If you're meeting in Carp, look for all the other trucks. If you're the only one around 9:30, odds are you're in the wrong spot :p

This should be the correct spot in Carp, someone correct me if I'm wrong (yet again).

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=10905683444848406250,45.349280,-76.040390&q=45.34928,-76.04039&ie=UTF8&ll=45.349205,-76.040293&spn=0.002903,0.006566&t=h&z=17