Dear, Lift Kit gods, Help me on my adventure.

J

Jam

Where can you get some of those huge lifts for a 2006 GMC 2500HD these days? And im talking big enough for the 54/19.50 R20 Mickey Thompsons......

Ive googled it, and searched for hours and I Havent found anything.

Do any of you guys know where to go, or who to talk to about a lift like that? If they have to be custom made, how does someone go about that?

Thanks alot guys!

James

J

Jam

You realize that its 2k retail price per tire right? LOL

I just work at a shop so I can get them for 900 a tire.

J

Jam

Im just going by what Keystone tells me lol. Can you imagine what the shipping would be on 1000 pounds of HUGE objects?

Twinkie

Administrator
Staff member
Club Member
If you're not finding a kit that will clear the 54's (LoL, yah I know, a "kit" that will clear a 54!), I would go speak with National in Smiths Falls. Probably your best bet.

R

Root Moose

There's a bunch of "super lifted" pickup trucks driving around Almonte and Carleton Place lately. Stupid looking. I never liked the ten bazillion chrome shocks per wheel monster truck look. So functional. LOL

Impress me with a 4" lift and ~40" tires.

Kunker

Administrator
Club Member
Where can you get some of those huge lifts for a 2006 GMC 2500HD these days? And im talking big enough for the 54/19.50 R20 Mickey Thompsons......

Ive googled it, and searched for hours and I Havent found anything.

Do any of you guys know where to go, or who to talk to about a lift like that? If they have to be custom made, how does someone go about that?

Thanks alot guys!

James

Custom lift with Rocks is probably the only way that thing will stay together, and even then, if it was actually run hard, you'd still need call up Overson. The tires would definitely be the cheap part of putting something together that actually works. First guess would be try some shops in Florida like Chuck's Trucks, I think they have a big gay truck forum on there.

aweber

This thread is :rainbow:
Staff member
Club Member

:flipoff::flipoff:

D

Dirk

Stock tires should be around 32" so you'll need 11" more room in the wheel wells. 4 - 6" lift and a sawzall? That may actually result in a useful vehicle on and off road. I assume you ar upgrading your axles.....

O.D.

Club Member
Going off topic...

A sawzall is one of the top 10 tools that every man should own regardless of your lifestyle :)

Baja

You are thinking of staying stock axles then I am pretty sure that that truck is also an ISF front. Dont think the CV's will like the 54" tires.

Farm Boy

Bought the Farm
I don't imagine the 54s will be much use for plowing -- unless they are on a tractor.

Why butcher a 4 year old truck? Get a duce & half, much better starting point. The big gay truck forums are likely a good place for info

chunkytrunks

That's MR.EX Pres to you!
Club Member
I don't understand why anyone would want to do that to a 4year old truck, like Jon said. Unless your upgrading your axles those cv shafts will break like twigs.
If you actually want to wheel it listen to us. If you want to just have a truck with lots of lights and chrome and huge tires with huge lifts, there are lots of forums in the states that can help you.

My .02

J

Jam

Why would you marry that mooseasaurus?
Why would you buy an ugly as sin Jeep?
Why would you waste your time on that hoe youre dating?

Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. I think keeping a positive attitude in a group like this is a good idea.

Thank you for your help, to people that are actually being productive with your time.

Oh, and Ps. That sawzall Idea is a good idea :)

And no, not sticking with the stock axles.

bradleyfitz

Club Member
Agreed. Sometimes we can get a little negative.

On that note. I assume you will be going with Rockwells? And in terms of the suspension, I would start thinking about a subframe and custom suspension. I do not think you will find anything in a 'kit' form that will suit what you are looking for.

Here is a project thread on Pirate for you to look at for reference.
http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=777450

Mitko

The G-Spot
Club Member
Well I dont see any (very much ) negativism here. People are just curious and asking questions on which you dont bodder to answer.
For most of us, me included wrecking a truck the way you want is kinda.... unaceptable....
So dont get angry at us having hard time to understand/accept your .....ideas.
You have probably noticed that this is a offroad forum, did you? Not a monster truck one.
So calm down, have a cold one and let us be what we have allways being - a bunch of diferent folks with common hoby.