Fuel pump/filter mounting suggestions

Kunker

Administrator
Club Member
Got the fuel cell mounted in the Jeep, need to run the lines next. Not sure exactly what I want to do, though.

IMG_20170528_1500386.jpg

IMG_20170528_1500459.jpg

IMG_20170528_1500588.jpg

IMG_20170528_1501031.jpg

Thoughts:

1. run the pump as shown, parallel to the cell, turn 90* and run the filter behind the seats below the cell. Build a cover for the pump and filter.
2. run hose, mount pump and filter behind seats below the cell...
Please login to view full content. Log in or register now.

junkpile

For safety sake I vote for #3, call me overly cautious but I'm also not a fan of having the exposed fuel cell inside the cab.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

aweber

This thread is :rainbow:
Staff member
Club Member
Also, Speaking from personal experience, those pumps are really noisy. Get it as far away from you as you can LOL

dwcjwerfner

Club Member
Mine is right behind my seat, it is a Napa pump. It is double wrapped in foam. I only hear it when the engine is off, though my truck is not quiet.

aweber

Staff member
Club Member
Mine is right behind my seat, it is a Napa pump. It is double wrapped in foam. I only hear it when the engine is off, though my truck is not quiet.

Not worried about heat buildup with the pump wrapped in foam? I know mine was fine until I added the 3rd and 4th mufflers LOL

Kunker

Administrator
Club Member
Not worried about heat buildup with the pump wrapped in foam? I know mine was fine until I added the 3rd and 4th mufflers LOL

That's the other concern with mounting it underneath the body - mufflers won't be that far away on either side (still figuring out fuel line routing as well). While the Walbro comes with a foam sock, I'd add additional sound gear to whatever panel goes around the pump for noise deadening.

dwcjwerfner

Club Member

It's running fairly cool fuel through it? Remind me to check it this weekend when we are beating on a hill. Right, like we will remember that. Try to remember.

aweber

Staff member
Club Member
It's running fairly cool fuel through it? Remind me to check it this weekend when we are beating on a hill. Right, like we will remember that. Try to remember.

Yah, I know they build some heat but your right, you would think the fuel would cool it, good point.