Labour day blast 2014, North Bay Ontario

dwcjwerfner

Club Member
Justin Myles are you camping at the event? You can not get a truck and camper up to the camping area without substantial help. Call me 613-433-7397

Burger

Club Member
Ok looking for some info on this event. Im deff planning to attend. Dad is going to come up and ride with me, and we are trailering up, and hoping to camp at the event site. We will just be tenting it. When is everyone else heading up? Is anyone planning on convoying together? What else do i need to know? Never been up there yet. Thanks guys

mucovich

Till Valhalla!
Myself and JP thought about leaving Pet around 1300, but I think we'll probably wait for Dwayne and Connie and convoy with them, we'll be going straight to the old welding shop to unload and drop the trailers off, then drive up to the site to register. from there we will be heading over to the campground (about 15 min away). i'll let Dwayne chime in. You can meet up with us in Pet 9Irving truck stop) or convoy up with Jean-guy or Justin.

trixter192

Club Member
I know I'm working Friday, and my job is unpredictable. I'll keep you posted throughout the week what my plan is.

Marek, Dways, JP, you are welcome to keep your buggies as my tent site again. If you arrive early, be sure to choose a nice one :)

dwcjwerfner

Club Member
There is a big parking lot about 2k up highway 17 from the event entrance. You can either unload your dad's truck at the entrance to the park or since I don't believe it is on the road you could probably legally tow it down the side of the road on a strap to the entrance. There is not room up the road in to turn a truck and trailer around. Unless your truck is 4 wheel drive it is unlikely that you can bring it up to the camping area. When it was raining last year I had to put the Rubi in 4 to get up the hill and the top is very lumpy. Did you register with Dave?

Burger

Club Member
Yes im registered. We are not bring dads Jeep, just the Rubicon. So driving it down the road is no problem. As for convoying, dad and I will only be ready to roll after work hours, around 6pm, so let me know how your day goes Jean Guy and we can meet up possibly. If any of you are going to the meeting this Thursday We can discuss the camping more.

mucovich

Till Valhalla!
the forecast I just read says showers Saturday and sprinkles Sunday - the day before yesterday it was sunny, tomorrow the computer models should be out so hopefully we get a better forecast!

dwcjwerfner

Club Member
Yeah I just read the 20-30 mm crap on The Weather Network, didn't say that yesterday. Will have to play it by ear. They have no clue.

Burger

Club Member
so who's camping where? you guys planning on setting up at the welding shop parking area or at the park entrance? ill be getting up there late Friday night and want to know where i should be setting up. Also what time does the trail run start Saturday? and where do we meet for that?

trixter192

Club Member
Another very fun weekend. On Saturday Scott, Sr, and myself did 90% of the trails. A lot less bottoming out compared to last year. On Sunday, I hopped in with the buggies. Marek flopped on his side twice - once per day, and Justin did a real nice flip and a half. Nobody in our group had any serious breakage, and the weather wasn't too bad. It really started pouring hard just as we all got back to camp on Saturday, Scott, Sr, and myself were sheltered by my magical blue tarp. Also, I'm able to do a one way trip in 3/4 of a tank of gas, so about $150 in gas there and back, a lot less than I thought.

Here's a link to my small gallery, be sure to zoom in on the first picture.

Last edited:

Burger

Club Member
Had an awesome run at the ACME Offroad Park this weekend! Thanks to the Bay Area Wheelers for hosting, and I will deff go back! Met some great new ppl, saw some sweet rigs, ran some amazing trails, and only got minor damage to the Rubicon lol

mucovich

Till Valhalla!
What a great time! Terrain at ACME is awesome, still some obstacles that beat us - love it! weather held out pretty good too, will be there for next year!

DSCF4883.JPGDSCF4886.JPGDSCF4888.JPGDSCF4890.JPGDSCF4891.JPG