lavant run june 2nd

V

valley dad

If anyone is interested feel free to visite ojc 's site and participate in the upcoming Lavant run.

dwcjwerfner

Club Member
Lavant is almost an hour away from Calabogie and in the opposite direction from Ottawa.
It is in the Lanark area.

Twinkie

Administrator
Staff member
Club Member
I like my response better. It is near Poland, and that's a lot closer of a description than Calabogie.

Sent from my SGH-I897 using Tapatalk 2

V

valley dad

or did you want gps coordinates???closer to the date we will post meeting places.

Twinkie

Administrator
Staff member
Club Member
bla bla bla..... I guess I should have just said west of Ottawa! Thanks Statler and Waldorf. I did say Calabogie area which gets him in the general area, and Lavant being the closest village. And don't worry about liability, OJC carries thier own ;-)
LoL. "General area"....57.3 KM's according to Google. Hey, it was on the Internet and the Internet doesn't lie!

Twinkie

Administrator
Staff member
Club Member
And for arguments sake, Poland to Lavant Station is only 15KM, the trail head is actually closer than that. Just sayin.

dwcjwerfner

Club Member
bla bla bla..... I guess I should have just said west of Ottawa! Thanks Statler and Waldorf. I did say Calabogie area which gets him in the general area, and Lavant being the closest village. And don't worry about liability, OJC carries thier own ;-)

Ok Magellan, I only said something because Calabogie is seriously not anywhere near Lavant and I didn't want people thinking they had a big drive to get there. Lavant is pretty close for the city guys.

http://maps.google.ca/maps?saddr=Ca...u007STDHnjKLrb2EETQ&oq=lavant&mra=ls&t=m&z=11

Carleton Place would be closer and at least on the way.

http://maps.google.ca/maps?saddr=Ca...07STDHnjKLrb2EETQ&oq=Carleton&mra=ls&t=m&z=11

louie

If anyone is interested feel free to visite ojc 's site and participate in the upcoming Lavant run.

id love to!! but i think i have a sock drawer to organize! ; P

all jokes aside if it was a sunday id be there in a heart beat!

aweber

This thread is :rainbow:
Staff member
Club Member
I guess it all depends where you are coming from Dwayne. Plug in Terry's adress and go from his house to Calabogie and from his house to Lavant. Tell me what you come up with??? I get 1 hr 14 to Calabogie and 1 hr 35 to lavant! Seems like lavant is further than you thought ;-)

Wow, you really are a piece of work :banghead:

96zjlimit

or did you want gps coordinates???closer to the date we will post meeting places.

Alright sounds good, I should be avail. I don't work a weekend in June so good to go unless something breaks before then :(

dwcjwerfner

Club Member
I guess it all depends where you are coming from Dwayne. Plug in Terry's adress and go from his house to Calabogie and from his house to Lavant. Tell me what you come up with??? I get 1 hr 14 to Calabogie and 1 hr 35 to lavant! Seems like lavant is further than you thought ;-)

Wow good point I didn't realize that ..... see that is how you respond to a thread when you are wrong.

Like saying that Calabogie is close to Lavant......that is wrong.

And if you want to insist on apples to apples let's go Kanata to Hopetown 58 mins

http://maps.google.ca/maps?saddr=Ka...E0DSTDG56EPkk7cFGA&oq=Hopetow&mra=ls&t=m&z=11

And now Kanata to the damn as Calabogie itself is nowhere near the dam, oh and don't forget the other 12km of access road to get to let's say Quinn which we will equate to the drive from Hopetown to Lavant entrance but that road is paved and people are not doing 40km in the dust. 1hr 21 mins to dam

http://maps.google.ca/maps?saddr=Ka...E0DSTDG56EPkk7cFGA&oq=Hopetow&mra=ls&t=m&z=11

aweber

This thread is :rainbow:
Staff member
Club Member
This whole thread is not constructive and pissed me off. When somebody new is asking for a location of a trail, post a google maps link. Saying it is in Calabogie is mis-leading and not constructive. Then arguing about it after other's post more relevant information is icing on the cake. That's where I am coming from, take it for what it's worth, or not, whatever.....

Twinkie

Administrator
Staff member
Club Member
I have always concidered Lavant as being in the Calabogie area. Because, before I found Norcan Lake road OVO used to always acess the quinn through Hope Town, Lavant, Umpah to the Front door. We still went to Calabogie the same way and took the K&P trail to Calabogie. Yes, Lavant is in Lanark, But I concider anything west Calabogie, anything south Kempville, anything north is Gatineu and well there is nothing East of Bank. Adrian, don't get your panties in a knot. It's all fair game and not personal so far, let's keep it that way!!

Dwayne, It takes me 45 minutes to get to Ottawa, but I am only 5km's from it's boarder? Go figure! ;-)
We haven't accessed Quinn from the Front Door in.....wow, since forever that I've been a member, and that's going on 10+ years. Someone's living in the past, or has had a stroke and lost some of his memory. And to consider Lavant part of Calabogie......well that's just whack.

Twinkie

Administrator
Staff member
Club Member

Just had time to re-run the numbers. I have 102KM's to Lavant Station (trail head is actually closer) and 116KM to Dam Top Rd. Once again, wrong. The dam is further, although they are closer in distance than I thought they would be! And if we're comparing "to trail head", then tack on 12 more K's to reach the Back Door. How did Quinn/Calabogie get dragged in to this anyway?