lavant run june 2nd

07RUBI

I just love the fact that no one is talking bout the trail run but who's right on the distance

Kunker

Administrator
Club Member
Hey, if you want to talk about the trail run, take it to OJC - we're arguing here :flipoff:

O.D.

Club Member
Ya'll are fawkin' whacked. But i'll side with Mitko. It's entertainin' that's for sure.

Cochise

Ya'll are fawkin' whacked. But i'll side with Mitko. It's entertainin' that's for sure.

:)

And the only reason I know where Poland is, is when you and me took a special unintended detour coming back from the Quinn that one time.

Dark and pissing down rain, and here we roll up to Poland: "Holy shit! We drove to Poland!"

:flipoff:

O.D.

Club Member
:)

And the only reason I know where Poland is, is when you and me took a special unintended detour coming back from the Quinn that one time.
Dark and pissing down rain, and here we roll up to Poland: "Holy shit! We drove to Poland!"
:flipoff:

That was the longest drive home.... EVER..... Damn we were lost. :)

Twinkie

Administrator
Staff member
Club Member

I've driven home from Quinn Back Door via Arcol Rd/Oompah in the YJ before. No doors, no windows, and nightfall setting in....in the fall. Damn it got cold on the way home! And yes, that is the longest drive ever! We had a backroads Ontario atlas, so weren't lost, but just couldn't believe how long it took to get out of there.

Cochise

Sure was, and for me, with a busted rig, trying to get home, it was fun. I loved the challenge. :flipoff: to the trailer queens.

Probably, from memory, that was the largest sustained rain fall in the last few decades for this area. It was epic. Didn't let up for 3 hours, until I hit Kanata.

No maps, no GPS, only intuition (us hopping out into that torrential rain, and asking ourselves, "are we still going east?".

Good times!

O.D.

Club Member
I think the pinnacle was when we got out onto the road and then saw houses... AND then we missed a turn and you buried your XJ in the ditch while turning around because it was so dark and the rain was coming down so hard and we had lost Murph!!!

Those were good times man.. Gawd, i can't wait to get building another Jeep.......

O.D.

Club Member
I've driven home from Quinn Back Door via Arcol Rd/Oompah in the YJ before. No doors, no windows, and nightfall setting in....in the fall. Damn it got cold on the way home! And yes, that is the longest drive ever! We had a backroads Ontario atlas, so weren't lost, but just couldn't believe how long it took to get out of there.

It's funny.... On the maps it actually looked closer than going back via Calabogie. I am pretty sure though that we had taken quite a few wrong turns :)

Cochise

It's funny.... On the maps it actually looked closer than going back via Calabogie. I am pretty sure though that we had taken quite a few wrong turns :)

That WHOLE day was golden.

Quinn run with the Quinte area guys, breakage, the long haul home under your own power, :facepalm: galore, inclement weather, the whole nine yards.

I can't think of a better way to break up a mundane week/month/year.

I *still* need to get out more.

:glasses:

louie

Those were good times man.. Gawd, i can't wait to get building another Jeep.......[/QUOTE]

i know where there is one! its close as well! hell it may even already have a hemi:stir::stir::beer:

2Greys

Insert title here
Club Member
I was thinking of going but unfortunately I almost became 1Greys over the last week. Our male's platelet count plummeted to 10000 count over spring fling weekend and noticed this by the sudden redness his eyes took on as he started hemorrhaging and we have been nursing him back. On Thursday his catheter blew out and his leg is now twice the size. Fortunately it doesn't look to be cancer and according to the vet in most cases of Immune-Mediated Thrombocytopenia (IMT) the cause is never determined but after months on Prednisone (which thankfully is cheap) it may be cured. His platelet count is at a very healthy 150000 and he seems to have got mobility back in his leg but it is still pretty big. He has lost about 6 pounds due to no appetite and the steroids which isn't a lot but on a dog with low body fat.. We are hoping compresses will get his leg back to size. It has lost some since the catheter incident.
Sorry to vent but I am sure some can appreciate. A similar situation with a child would be horrific.
He is still in the woods right now and I couldn't leave wifey alone to deal with it this soon especially if he has a setback.

Last edited:
V

valley dad

Hey , I hear ya,I got 3 dogs myself.
And they mean as much to me as the kids.
Do what you gotta do.

Twinkie

Administrator
Staff member
Club Member
I pretty much took last year's season off due to Cotton's health, so I know what it's like. Get the puppers well, there's time for wheeling later.

rugsucka

Had the family cat die last week after a couple months of decline - it sucks, so I can appreciate your worries and apprehension.

Hope your buddy gets all better in the near future.