Lavant trail run Sunday June 9th

berger

There are 2 in CP, so you'd need to be more specific. I'd guess the one in Almonte would be easier, though, as it's on the way for folks passing through from Ottawa and there is a large parking lot for the strip mall next door. That's up to Logan and/or the folks going though.

Oh ya, forgot the one in town. I was thinking the one right on HWY 7. Either one is fine with me. CP is 10 minutes away.

2Greys

Insert title here
Club Member
Oh ya, forgot the one in town. I was thinking the one right on HWY 7. Either one is fine with me. CP is 10 minutes away.[/QUOTE
personally I would rather meet in almonte at the usual Tims. just give an address otherwise

Kunker

Administrator
Club Member
Oh ya, forgot the one in town. I was thinking the one right on HWY 7. Either one is fine with me. CP is 10 minutes away.

I find the one on HWY7/McNeeley to be a pain in the ass to get in/out of, and there isn't much of a lot there. I'd second Chris and say Almonte is much easier as most Ottawa folks roll down March/Wolf Grove anyway.

berger

I agree. Prefer Almonte.

Chris is very "sensitive" about things like this, I get it.... :D

Sent from my Mobile

2Greys

Insert title here
Club Member
WTF? only thing I am sensitive is calling Tim Hortons coffee good. there is a reason everybody drowns it in cream and sugar

berger

WTF? only thing I am sensitive is calling Tim Hortons coffee good. there is a reason everybody drowns it in cream and sugar

Sorry Chris, I was advised to tip toe around certain things with you....I am still new remember!!! :D

On a more serious and less sensitive note, anyone run the trail this year? Should we bring a saw?

Sent from my Mobile

Last edited:

Kunker

Administrator
Club Member
Sorry Chris, I was advised to tip toe around certain things with you

Not sure if serious...

On a more serious and less sensitive note, anyone run the trail this year? Should we bring a saw?

I know that OJC has run it earlier in May, and there were no issues that I can recall from the FB crap about trees. Might still be a good idea as there have been a few wind storms through since.

2Greys

Insert title here
Club Member
Not sure if serious...

I know that OJC has run it earlier in May, and there were no issues that I can recall from the FB crap about trees. Might still be a good idea as there have been a few wind storms through since.

Not sure how I can get offended. maybe it is time I learned. I know I will start a list. I know who to put on it. :D chainsaws may be a good idea

Last edited:

berger

Just bustin Chris' chops! :D

Chris, if we tape a $10 bill down, think Trixter will come on Sunday??? :)

Sent from my Mobile

Last edited:

trixter192

Club Member
Does that mean your in?
If I can fab a skid plate on time. Progess so far: Best the old one back into shape to measure, picked up some 1/8" plate, and started chopping it up. Nothing insane, hoping to get a WP prototype soon. http://imgur.com//6nsgkmP I just need to drill out a big hole for the oil drain and chop up some 2x3" square tube for the spacers at the front, and hopefully Chris can Weld her up. I should make a build thread.....

I'm more concerned about the massive amount of rain in the next couple days; the water levels will be very high at the creek.

louie

If there that bad isnt there a new bypas cut in on the left?

The 10 bucks will help pay for some steel lol

Last edited:

berger

Didn't consider the weather leading up to Sunday....looking forward to the puddles!! ;)

trixter192

Club Member
If there that bad isnt there a new bypas cut in on the left?

The 10 bucks will help pay for some steel lol

It bypasses the deep water yes, but is littered with good sized rocks, not exactly an easy course. I had a bit of trouble with it on 32s. Not that I'm afraid, but the bypass will be hard if its submerged. http://ovo.ca/gallery2/v/TrailRides/lavant_oct_08/?g2_page=12 Looks like that Zuk has 6" more lift than me and there's water in the cab.

I love lavant, I'm hopefully leading it later this summer, but I think it will be a headeache with all this water.

Kunker

Administrator
Club Member
That is the optional mud hole at the begining/end of the trail

X2 - I don't think the bypass was even really there (or at least not used) back in 08. I know I did a run in 08/09, and it wasn't an option.

BBARR

I was hoping my locker would be in, but its not gonna be. How do you think a zuk on 33's with open diffs would do on the trail?

Logan

apparently the prezident
Club Member
Meet at the Tims in CP beside the OPP/Fire station for 9am... Leave at 9:20. then at 9:30 we can meet at the Esso on Hwy 29, and then leave there for hope town.