North Hastings Tough Truck Challenge

Twinkie

Administrator
Staff member
Club Member
We have been asked to supply and run the food tent for this event. It's been discussed at the meetings but I just wanted to put this up to see who is still onboard to help us with this project.
Food/drinks will be purchased down there and stored at my parents in town, unless someone here gets outstanding deals to make it worth our while to haul everything down there. We will require 3 BBQ's with 6 full tanks, I think that should be enough fuel for the weekend. We also need coolers, the...
Please login to view full content. Log in or register now.

K

kbrousseau

My family and I will be attending (at least 99% sure anyway). We will be going up Friday night. I can supply a BBQ tank but my BBQ itself is NFG.

Mitko

The G-Spot
Club Member
I will try to be there. Excuse my ignorance buit where is the event located? I can also take participatoin on to the canteen/food/BQ job.

Twinkie

Administrator
Staff member
Club Member
Yes, Mitch can ride with you. Helmet not required. Spotter not required, but you may want one for a couple of events. There's always volunteers willing to spot.

G

Grumpy

I will be there, yes me...that's about it..sorry no BBQ or tank....In fact, if Christine doesn't come with me I may just hop in with someone else and flip them a few bucks for gas......remember it could hit $1.50 this year...so let's get smart folks!! (it's bad enough I have to haul the "Princess Palace" all over hell's half acre! No we are NOT bringing that thing! I'm sure Tim will be relieved...hehehehehe....)

BillaVista

PrettyBoy
I plan to go compete.

Still working on which family members will come.

Is there any kind of pre-registration or do you just show and hope you get a spot?

If you go up Friday night are you pretty much assured a spot?

Thanks,

B

Twinkie

Administrator
Staff member
Club Member
I plan to go compete.

Still working on which family members will come.

Is there any kind of pre-registration or do you just show and hope you get a spot?

If you go up Friday night are you pretty much assured a spot?

Thanks,

B

No pre-reg that I know of. I've never seen them turn anyone away due to over crowding. I have seen them turn them away for showing up too late. Yes, going down Friday night is a good idea/easy way to assure yourself a spot.

Richard

Commoner
Club Member
We'll be there, to compete and help with the food. We can bring a BBQ, 2 tanks, and one regular sized cooler.

How will the money side work? Is it going through NH or us? Will the propane be refunded?

Twinkie

Administrator
Staff member
Club Member
Thanks for the tanks Richard, and the cooler.

All monies are to be handled strictly by us, for us. Yes, propane can be refunded.

We will probably require a small float if you can make arrangements to bring that with you Richard.

Richard

Commoner
Club Member
Terry, I'm making a bunch of small ice blocks to fill a medium sized cooler. I'm hoping we don't have to buy any.

Wondering how much change we'll need, any idea from past events? And what's the smallest fraction we're going to charge, quarters or dollars?

Twinkie

Administrator
Staff member
Club Member
Quarters, but I have those covered, have 100 dollars in the bloody things here. I will need loonies and toonies though, and some fives and tens.

Excsue the typ'os, this was sent from my "Smart"phone!

Sent: June 8, 2008 6:01 PM
To: (Email Address Removed)
Subject: [Events/Trail Runs-t-937] RE: North Hastings Tough Truck Challenge

Terry, I'm making a bunch of small ice blocks to fill a medium sized cooler. I'm hoping we don't have to buy any.

Wondering how much change we'll need, any idea from past events? And what's the smallest fraction we're going to charge, quarters or dollars?