pass vehicle plates on a pickup

R

Root Moose

If it's still registered as a Samurai, I'd leave the blue plate on as a Sam is pass vehicle. They never did make a Sam p/u did they?

They did... but I'm not certain how they were plated.

Doesn't the black plate have to do with weight rating as well?

G

Grumpy

I'm thinking yup.....from the guy who has 5 trucks plated for the road, (my '65 Chev has historic plates $18 for the yearly sticker, and the 4Runner has personalized.......my two pickups both have blacks and the Yukon while actually HEAVIER than my crew cab 4X4, has passenger plates...blue)....not sure what that weight is but I suspect Szabo's Zuk would be WELL below that......so drive on dude, can't wait to see it on the road!!

szabotage

nothings for certain yet, I may go ahead and just run what I have at the moment and get a feel of how cops react to it. if it gets to a point that it's more attention than I want, I'll just switch em.

thanks for everyone's input! :beer:

Farm Boy

Bought the Farm

There are different weight classifications within the black plates. Base Gross weight is 3000 kg IIRC, anything over that cost more per year. This is where most would get nabbed by MTO with our trailers. My Duramax was registered for 11,000 kg to include the 14k gooseneck. Over 4500 kg MUST be classified as commercial according to MTO.

Q

quickspool

This is totally an old thread but purchasing personalized plates(blue) solves everything. That thing totally deserves them. Trukurai ?

szabotage

lol, thanks! kinda lost interest in the project even though the only thing needed to get it going is driveshafts and flanges. if I do go personalized i'll prolly see if szbotage is taken. right now I'm all about turning my 1/2ton burb into a 1ton with a isuzu 4bd1t into a 6spd auto (allison i think?) into a divorce mount NP 205. i think I can run blue plates on the burb without any problems :)

mucovich

Till Valhalla!
This is totally an old thread but purchasing personalized plates(blue) solves everything. That thing totally deserves them. Trukurai ?

nope, looked into this - any vehicle that would normally require black plates would still fall under comercial plate rules even though the personalized plate was "blue" - at least that's what the MTO person i talked to told me.