Project: 2013 JK Unlimited Rubicon-From the mall to the trail!

Twinkie

Administrator
Staff member
Club Member
I don't have a "finished" pic yet as I'm going to wire up the winch today. Started around 1 at Adrian's and left around 8. The winch plate mount gave us some issues and slowed us down, and moving the vacuum pump was tedious. Didn't get the trans crossmember in either, going to do that some night at Matt's.

Pics in no particular order:
http://brummell.net/gallery/index.php/Rubi-Stuff/Lift-install

2Greys

Insert title here
Club Member
I don't have a "finished" pic yet as I'm going to wire up the winch today. Started around 1 at Adrian's and left around 8. The winch plate mount gave us some issues and slowed us down, and moving the vacuum pump was tedious. Didn't get the trans crossmember in either, going to do that some night at Matt's.

Pics in no particular order:
http://brummell.net/gallery/index.php/Rubi-Stuff/Lift-install

Always something that you never expect. At least you didnt have to deal with rust

Twinkie

Administrator
Staff member
Club Member
Stage 1 complete, will see how it does this year and see what will need to be changed next year.

uploadfromtaptalk1427640024142.jpg
Winch wired up and working.

uploadfromtaptalk1427640070710.jpg
Sway Bar electric disconnect motor rotated 180 degrees and protected by a beefy skid plate.

uploadfromtaptalk1427640209085.jpg
Profile view. 35's anyone?!

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Mitko

The G-Spot
Club Member
Nice! Started looking like as it suppose to look :) . You can install the crosmember at my work if you want. And I have 5 35s to be sold in the next few weeks but on 15" rims though.

Twinkie

Administrator
Staff member
Club Member
Nice! Started looking like as it suppose to look :) . You can install the crosmember at my work if you want. And I have 5 35s to be sold in the next few weeks but on 15" rims though.
Thanks Mitko! That's the first time I've every seen you say something nice about a JEEP! :flipoff:

Twinkie

Administrator
Staff member
Club Member
Time for a bit of an update. After the lift it was time to install the radio rack from Pavement Optional Motorsports, a sponsor of Spring Fever 2015.

Trim removed...
20150412_101233.jpg

Rack sitting on the rear sound bar....
20150412_133950.jpg

All buttoned up in the front....
20150412_133959.jpg

Radio and cellular amplifier mounted...
20150424_183905.jpg
20150424_183821.jpg

It's sturdy as hell, just watch your head getting in my Jeep! LoL I've whacked it off the CB a few times, but I moved it that far forward by choice, to give me a clearer view of the rear view mirror.

Twinkie

Administrator
Staff member
Club Member
In June I'll be heading to Nashville, so the wife and I decided to hook up with a local club and go to Wooly's Offroad Park. Yes, the same park where "Trucks" and "Extreme 4x4" do their trail filming. It has been suggested that diff armor be added for this trip, I guess they are speaking from experience, so this was ordered today front and rear. Looking forward to this trip, I'll make sure there are lots of pictures taken.

2Greys

Insert title here
Club Member
In June I'll be heading to Nashville, so the wife and I decided to hook up with a local club and go to Wooly's Offroad Park. Yes, the same park where "Trucks" and "Extreme 4x4" do their trail filming. It has been suggested that diff armor be added for this trip, I guess they are speaking from experience, so this was ordered today front and rear. Looking forward to this trip, I'll make sure there are lots of pictures taken.

Looks good!

Not sure if JKs are like TJs regarding aftermarket diff covers but I hope not. If they are, I would pull the springs and do a full stuff to see if you have any clearance issues with the tie rod or track bar in the front and with the gas tank in the back. Although they do say they should work

Last edited:

Twinkie

Administrator
Staff member
Club Member
Not sure if JKs are like TJs regarding aftermarket diff covers but I hope not. If they are, I would pull the springs and do a full stuff to see if you have any clearance issues with the tie rod or track bar in the front and with the gas tank in the back.
Well, according to Poison Spyder's site, these covers work on completely stock JK's. But yes, I get what you are saying. The first model of this cover did contact the track bar & tie rod.

2Greys

Insert title here
Club Member
Well, according to Poison Spyder's site, these covers work on completely stock JK's. But yes, I get what you are saying. The first model of this cover did contact the track bar & tie rod.
Yeah I read that after (and updated my post but obviously not fast enough). On TJs pretty much all aftermarket covers do except the Barnett I got and the only reason it doesn't is they just beef up the bottom of a Dana diff cover. From what I recall PS, Solid and (especially) Riddler were the worst. At least one of them has learned and fixed it.

Last edited:

Twinkie

Administrator
Staff member
Club Member
Front and rear. Wrench-it day at your house?

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

Twinkie

Administrator
Staff member
Club Member
Thanks to Matt, it now sits level.

Thanks to Tim, it now stops.

And thanks to Adrian the 35's no longer rub the sliders!

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Twinkie

Administrator
Staff member
Club Member
And their site would be wrong.

While installing the JKS ACOS this weekend we noticed some paint removal on the cover and track bar. It's a minor rub, but still a rub!