PROJECT - 86'd CJ

Farm Boy

Bought the Farm
Holy Fawk!!! You're actually working on it?
Did you figure out how to wire the Xbox controller up to the welder?

:flipoff:

Mini-T

Sasquatch
Holy Fawk!!! You're actually working on it?
Did you figure out how to wire the Xbox controller up to the welder?

:flipoff:

It seems that you get a perfect weld once you master head shots:flipoff:

Thanks for all the encouragement guys. I may not spend all my free time working on the Jeep, but I spend an insane amount of time thinking about how exactly I want to do things.

D

dunny

It seems that you get a perfect weld once you master head shots:flipoff:

Thanks for all the encouragement guys. I may not spend all my free time working on the Jeep, but I spend an insane amount of time thinking about how exactly I want to do things.

IM SO GLAD YOUR NOT DONE! THERES STILL HOPE ILL FINISH BEFORE YOU

YOU OWE ME A BOOSTER BRACKET!

J

Jason

Transmission crossmember done

Did you put a plate on the frame before you welded those tabs on there?

You of all people should know how thin these frames are. Very easy to rip those out.

Mini-T

Sasquatch
I only plated the over the wheel arches. I didn't put on supporting plates thinking that the 8 tabs sharing the load wouldn't be too bad. I hope I'm right.

Mini-T

Sasquatch
Small update (I've been sooooo lazy)

Warning! Cell phone pictures follow.
Humvee tail lights

Fuel filler location idea

After months of thinking if I could do it and have it look good once its done, I cut a 5 1/2" hole in the side of the body hoping I was doing the right thing.

R

Root Moose

Who did you source the HMMWV lights from? Just random ebay sellers or a real bricks and mortar shop? I've been watching ebay but most of the places listing give a bad vibe.

Neat touch with the fuel filler. I didn't think of the need to relocate it.

Mini-T

Sasquatch
Who did you source the HMMWV lights from? Just random ebay sellers or a real bricks and mortar shop? I've been watching ebay but most of the places listing give a bad vibe.

Kascar
carries most of the Humvee/Hummer stuff you could want. I got the actual light off eBay. The ones in the pic are actually APC lights. All cast "metal" (might be mag or zinc alloy). Grote makes some really really sweet LED ones but they are $100+ USD each. You need the mounting buckets, side marker lights, and reflectors back and side to be legal.

Neat touch with the fuel filler. I didn't think of the need to relocate it.

I don't like the idea of the fuel filler anywhere but on the driver's side. It just makes more sence to put it there. Realestate on the back is getting used up fast with the Humvee lights, reflectors, and side marker lights. One reason is I didn't want to mount the side marker lights on the sides where they would stick into the interior.

K

kbrousseau

Good to see that you are back at it.

Maybe seeing your progress will help get my butt in gear, keep it up I need the motivation. :banghead:

Kunker

Administrator
Club Member
I was wondering who would have bumped this thread, and I'm wondering how many months/years before Andrew actually logs in to see. He still might be done before me, though :(