Build Project Liberty - Trail/Overland Jeep Build

Function > Form

Club Member
Went on a little road trip out near Collingwood.

Pic of my buddy's awesome shop...note his landy pickup just loungin' outside...needs a bit of work lol

In progress

Side view

Significant progress on the bumper. Just need to do a little grinding lol...and will also need to cut the fairlead hole. [MENTION=526]Logan[/MENTION] the lights are perfect - but I'll need to put in a resistor for the fast flashing. Didn't end up using the little round ones though - will save them for something else.

Function > Form

Club Member
In the last pic, it isn't all the way on because I was still doing the wiring, so looks like it sticks out way past the flares. It's actually only about 1 cm wider than the flares.

Logan

apparently the prezident
Club Member
I should be able to get you an LED flasher. Send me a pic of the pin layout on your flasher.

Function > Form

Club Member
That shop still gives me shop envy and a serious boner.

For your enjoyment - this doesn't even capture the other side of the shop that is insulated with a mezzanine up about 18 feet. Sweet shop for sure.

We were running an angle grinder, the MIG, plasma, drill press, etc for ~15 hours and it only ran out of power towards 10:30 pm (started at 7 am)...resorted to a big generator to run the plasma when we needed it at the end of the night. It wasn't very sunny, so this was pretty impressive.

Last edited:

Function > Form

Club Member
Bought a set of 2002-3 WRX seats to go into the libby. Won't be too much crazy custom work to make them work. *famous last words*

Wayyyyyyy better side bolsters and nicer looking also.

ALSO, finished grinding and painting the bumper yesterday - happy Father's day to me. :)

rikker001

Looks awesome and also jealous of the shop! About your LEDs I tried the replacement LED flasher on my 04 LJ, it worked until I put the 4 ways on it blew the Flasher relay twice? So I installed the PUNTA resistor on the front signal lights and works great, just remember that if you leave the signals on to long they really heat up. Don't install near plastic parts they will melt :(.
https://www.amazon.ca/AutoEC-Resist...5160&sr=8-1-fkmr1&keywords=punta+led+resistor

Kunker

Administrator
Club Member
Why drill it out? I can't comprehend not having a long enough cheater bar to either break the stud, or unstick the nut.

Function > Form

Club Member
Looks awesome and also jealous of the shop! About your LEDs I tried the replacement LED flasher on my 04 LJ, it worked until I put the 4 ways on it blew the Flasher relay twice? So I installed the PUNTA resistor on the front signal lights and works great, just remember that if you leave the signals on to long they really heat up. Don't install near plastic parts they will melt :(.
https://www.amazon.ca/AutoEC-Resist...5160&sr=8-1-fkmr1&keywords=punta+led+resistor

Thx man, I'm going to just deal with it fast-flashing for now. Yeah, buddy's shop is hella cool.

Why drill it out? I can't comprehend not having a long enough cheater bar to either break the stud, or unstick the nut.

I tried all the tricks in the book. I did use an 8ft long pipe on it...just rounded it off even more!! Tried hammering on a smaller socket...even rounder. Heat, penetrating oil, even loosened the other four, a quick 10" back and forth - lol - in the garage to see if it would break free...nope.

This was the last ditch effort which obviously worked.

junkpile

Good work on the stud, and if haven't found one already, I have a relay that's designed for LEDs if you'd like to try it out. You might need to make a short pig tail if it isn't the same shape .

Function > Form

Club Member
Thanks guys, I still owe [MENTION=526]Logan[/MENTION] a visit to see what he has. The flasher mod is a bit low on the list. :)

My to do list in order:
left front axle
cut fairlead hole (rollers are now mounted)
wire up winch

Then:
-maybe the flasher here, mayyyyybe-
front skid
transmission pan skid
rear bumper - tire/gas/tool mounts

Anyone have some 3/16" plate lying around in the west end.....? Need a 24x20 ish piece for the front skid. If not, I'm heading to the mtlsprmkt. :D

Logan

apparently the prezident
Club Member
If I would have read it earlier I would have told ya...lol
Looking good!