Project Redpoint

Richard

Commoner
Club Member
Looking great. I can only hope I'll make mine as good. Or maybe I'll just ask you to do it, how many :beer::beer::beer: do you charge?:D

aweber

This thread is :rainbow:
Staff member
Club Member
Looking great. I can only hope I'll make mine as good. Or maybe I'll just ask you to do it, how many :beer::beer::beer: do you charge?:D

24 Beer an Hour, but since you cannot carry that much, cash is OK :flipoff:

Starting to look like a cage now. Brad, Do you want a diagonal bar on the side like shown?

bradleyfitz

Club Member
Starting to look like a cage now. Brad, Do you want a diagonal bar on the side like shown?

Yes and no ... I want it, but can't figure out how I will get a kid into the back seat very easily with it there. Right now I'm going with no ...

aweber

Staff member
Club Member
Yes and no ... I want it, but can't figure out how I will get a kid into the back seat very easily with it there. Right now I'm going with no ...

Yah, In the FJ40, I let them either climb over the seats or over the tailgate. But your seats are much to nice for that and you will have a fuel cell by the tailgate....

Farm Boy

Bought the Farm
The cool thing about Brads new seats is that the tapered edges of the seats act like an a butt size 'shoe horn' for us big boned (I says pardon??)people. :D

Who be you?
Any relation to Foghorn Leghorn or Chicken Little? :lmao:

Oh, Nice work Adrian!!!

G

Grumpy

Nice work Adrian...almost looks like you've bent tube before...

bradleyfitz

Club Member
Another productive day, for the most part ... we would have got more done, but Mike was hogging all the tools.

Some forward progress (we hope) was made on the fuel cell. After not having it fit so well, I made a call to KORE and they confirmed I should be using the plastic gasket that comes on the stock tank. So I took it all apart at 12:00 am last night and threw a coat of paint on the top ring. This afternoon, with Andrew's help (thanks yo!) we got the bolts on the bottom ring a little straighter so it would install easier, a couple of new gaskets cut to try a couple of things, and finally the pump installed. Part of the wiring harness was completed as well.

The rubber gasket off the stock pump.

The upper lip was trimmed off the rubber gasket so that the pump would sit flush on the tank:

Here's a shot of how the pump is recessed to sit flush into the top ring:

The cage got finished up today and was pulled out of the Jeep for final welding. Adrian installed the side diagonals, followed by the harness bar... after which we promptly felt the need to make Andrew simulate a small child and climb through the jungle gym for our amusement.

The finished cage:

Lastly, I removed the rear fender flares and the cage was removed for final welding! :beer:

aweber

Staff member
Club Member
Painted:

Rear Frame connectors welded together:

Cage in the truck:

TJ Soft top still fits :glasses:

Come get it for the Clearing run this SAT brad :beer::beer:

R

Root Moose

Looks great! I'm not going to bother buying a tubing bender. Wanna do something similar to a YJ? ;)

I was curious why the rear bench diagonal doesn't intersect where the horizontal and vertical tubes meet near the bottom of the B pillar. Is there interference with the tub or some other reason?

aweber

Staff member
Club Member
Looks great! I'm not going to bother buying a tubing bender. Wanna do something similar to a YJ? ;)

I was curious why the rear bench diagonal doesn't intersect where the horizontal and vertical tubes meet near the bottom of the B pillar. Is there interference with the tub or some other reason?

The harness bar is attached to the diagonals and they had to be moved back a bit so the bar was not too close to the back of the seats. Brad being 6'4" made things interesting that way ;)