Project Redpoint

bradleyfitz

Club Member
Since I didn't do a previous build thread, let's do a quick history of where I was, where I am, and where I am going.

I started off with the RE 3.5" SF Kit and 33x10.5 BFG A/T's. I loved it. It worked great for 90% of our local trails and I didn't find the 3.73 gears too bad on the highway (this set up was my daily driver). In the fall of 2006 I added front tube fenders and rockers from Poison Spyder.

This picture is from 2006, one of my first runs with OVO @ The Gorge...
Please login to view full content. Log in or register now.

aweber

This thread is :rainbow:
Staff member
Club Member
:glasses::glasses:

Up for dropping it off here this weekend? :beer:

bradleyfitz

Club Member
:glasses::glasses:

Up for dropping it off here this weekend? :beer:

Yes sir! I picked the seats up on Saturday morning...

dwcjwerfner

Club Member
I was always curious about all you had done and those are nice options you are adding.

Dwayne
:beer:

Richard

Commoner
Club Member
Great thread Brad, I'd like to see some others create their own Truck's Life thread. You could also get Mike to put a link from your Member's Rig to this thread.

Nice seats too, let us know how they fit and feel.

O.D.

Club Member
Nicely done..... I hope to have mine done by Fall :(

Are you going with a new full cage or tying in to the existing family cage?

I take it you are doing the standard + 5pt harness for seatbelts? I was always told that 5pt is not legal for daily driving...

Keep up the great work!

G

Grumpy

Wow Brad hard to believe how it looked when you started out....looks and works great now though....for a J33P :flipoff:

bradleyfitz

Club Member
Nicely done..... I hope to have mine done by Fall :(

Are you going with a new full cage or tying in to the existing family cage?

I take it you are doing the standard + 5pt harness for seatbelts? I was always told that 5pt is not legal for daily driving...

Keep up the great work!

Full cage /w 5 point harnesses... I will be keeping the stock belts for on road use.

bradleyfitz

Club Member
Didn't get much done this week. Installed the new headlights (H4's). The lights on my TJ are absolute crap. I decided to go with the H4's because I may upgrade to HID bulbs later.

I started work on the fuel cell this week. I had hoped to have it installed, but I just didn't have the time.

Some of the goodies from KORE... I purchased both their rings to adapt the stock TJ pump and also sprung for the bling fuel line. I'm all about one stop shopping!

Rings:

Install Kit:

A well packaged fuel cell from Summit Racing (RCI-2161A):

The fuel cell is a 15g cell that will fit behind the rear seat. I'm also planning on recessing it into the bed for a little more additional space.

Using the bottom ring as a template, I cut the cell and drilled the holes. In theory, it should now be as simple as dropping the gas tank, removing the pump, and hooking up the lines.

I picked up the tubing for the cage this afternoon and loaded the Jeep up in the trailer... and off to Adrian's I go in the morning!

aweber

Staff member
Club Member
Tear-down Complete :glasses:

And ONLY SEVEN broken bolts LOL

Who ever though using Torx to bolt the cage to the floor was a good idea is a moron.

Farm Boy

Bought the Farm
Come on, all those teeny tiny presision fit corners are great for holding their edge. :banghead:
I like the upgraded dirvers seat. Brad if you find this new one more appealing than the Twisted Stitch ones, I'll gladly take them off your hands.:flipoff:

F

Firechicken

The cool thing about Brads new seats is that the tapered edges of the seats act like an a butt size 'shoe horn' for us big boned (I says pardon??)people. :D

G

Grumpy

Well I'm glad to know I'm not the only one leaving shit to the last minute.......RC is only 18 days away!!! Git er done!

aweber

Staff member
Club Member
Took me a long time today to get the tubes to line up just right so that the stock TJ soft top can still be used. But I did and it works :glasses: