Build Project - SS Cherokee

mucovich

Till Valhalla!
Just a quick update, had it out saturday and had alittle fun! I've ordered a couple of Corbeau suspension seats and harnesses and i should get them and installed this weekend, i'll post pics then. :smokin:

After the Gorge run JP and i zipped up to the Antrim truck stop as i wanted to weigh the XJ and was happy with 4830lbs, heavy yes but not as heavy as i was fearing.:D

mucovich

Till Valhalla!
we got them from Rock Spyder, i just added what i needed to JP's order as he placed it. He did alot of shopping around and they had the best price - equivilent to the US and it helps he's down in the area this week and is picking them up so no shipping. In fact their prices were sometimes $100 cheaper per seat then some of the other Canadian shops!

Impact

we got them from Rock Spyder, i just added what i needed to JP's order as he placed it. He did alot of shopping around and they had the best price - equivilent to the US and it helps he's down in the area this week and is picking them up so no shipping. In fact their prices were sometimes $100 cheaper per seat then some of the other Canadian shops!

Wow!...

mucovich

Till Valhalla!
seats are in! had to make new seat brackets but otherwise it was a smooth install...

DSCF3400.jpg

DSCF3401.jpg

now it's time to wheel!

Impact

Ballin'...

I remember you told me before but I can't remember... Did you get your shifter ends locally?

mucovich

Till Valhalla!
no, i ordered them from advanced adapters when i ordered the Atlas, they have quite a selection of shifter ends.

Baja

Where did the roof go....... You update on a steering wheel change but forget to mention you gave it a haircut

mucovich

Till Valhalla!
well i wanted to just keep this "serious" tech :lmao:

Actually i guess i've neglected the old thread, unlike last year i've had no issues with it so far and been focused on driving it.

yeah, i cut it off after Rausch, was just extra weight! i picked up a TJ bikini top for a roof, which fits really well too and took it off for N Augusta and haven't put it back on yet.
Here are a couple pics from that...

JT18565.jpg

JT18858.jpg

mucovich

Till Valhalla!
had some carnage this weekend, my rear drive shaft is now in 2 pieces (took a hit and broke the slip shaft and damaged the yoke) so i'll be getting a new one made this week.