Build Project - SS Cherokee

mucovich

Till Valhalla!
I stand by what I've told you in the past - just try and keep up! Just keep these numbers in mind - 430/550, see if you can match that!

hey, you really gotta start a build thread - pretty extreme build you've got!

Merry Christmas! :beer:

Impact

Caught up on some garage work before the holidays - cut the rear frame rails off, what got cut was a lot heavier than I thought. Now I just have to pick up some tube. All the PSC hydro stuff and ARTEC truss won't be here till the new year so i'll just be prepping the 60 till then.

Oh, and MERRY CHRISTMAS everyone!

So when are the new ORI's for the rear coming? :stir:

look awesome bro. im going to new hampshire with my brother tommorow to pick up an LQ9. prepare yourself to eat my dust.....

merry x mass to you and your familly.

So... No self control eh? LOL. After our locker room chat the other day I figured you were holding off getting the engine!!!

stinky rat

yes , build thread will start soon. do i need a special status on the forum to post pictures? yes george, i couldn t pass on this deal for the LQ9. i will have to leave at work for the next year or in my rig eheheh. the engine is sexy . took me 13 hours back and forth . was only 450 km to go from my parents place but big time snow storm yesterday and i guess the yanks are not use to winter driving eheheh. at least 20 car in the ditch ..... god bless AMERICA.

mucovich

Till Valhalla!
not at all to post pics - just attach em or use a host like photobucket or something. looking forward to checkin out the new engine!

mucovich

Till Valhalla!
Alright, some last of the year updates. Started mocking up the rails and hoops, I started using some old shocks and switched to the ORI's off of the front for the mock-up, at full bump there is plenty of room for the 40" tire - so no problem for 42's.

DSCF4094_zps421dcc41.jpg

DSCF4095_zpsb9822759.jpg

DSCF4096_zps06e33613.jpg

DSCF4098_zpsb4617b92.jpg

DSCF4097_zps2518f365.jpg

Last edited:

2Greys

Insert title here
Club Member

Happy new year!

mucovich

Till Valhalla!
I also received a remote quick fill kit for the fuel cell from GenRight today, no more climbing around to fill up!

mucovich

Till Valhalla!
Did abit of work on this today, finished mocking up all the tube and will start to do the finish welding tomorrow. I then started mocking up the fuel cell basket to include some aluminum panels underneath for some heat shielding. I also reworked the shock hoops to lower the axle at full bump by about and inch, just for some fudge factor and I'm very happy with the geometry. Finished the evening with fabbing up a bracket for the quick fill cap and bezel.

DSCF4110_zps9207c6ae.jpg

DSCF4111_zpse63979e7.jpg

DSCF4112_zps89487ba0.jpg

DSCF4113_zpsf8ea380f.jpg

DSCF4115_zpsdc363516.jpg

mucovich

Till Valhalla!
Just picked these up on the weekend, now that the fronts are on the rear i'll put these on the front - 14's just like the other ones.

DSCF4133 (800x600).jpg

mucovich

Till Valhalla!
I got them from a guy in TO that was parting out his unfinished project! I found them on THOR 2 days before I planned on ordering.