Build Project - SS Cherokee

mucovich

Till Valhalla!
that is the one piece I'm on the fence about - I guess i'll see how smooth it all goes, I have a plan in my head (which I need to write down) on how I'm going to do it and I don't anticipate it being difficult. That's the great thing about a buggy - simple and easy access!

O.D.

Club Member
Could have saved u some cash on those hoops. I have a full genright kit for sale.. :)

Nice buy!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

mucovich

Till Valhalla!
Did some more work today - engine is out and pulled the ATLAS for the tranny plus I ripped the dash out, thanks Chrysler for the over complicated dash that took hours to take apart!

DSCF4941.JPGDSCF4945.JPGDSCF4946.JPGDSCF4947.JPGDSCF4948.JPG

badcompany

Club Member
wow. when my friends and I first say this xj we couldn't stop talking about how mint it was and how you rally shouldn't scratch it up.
then low and behold it morphed into this awesome looking buggy and we again couldn't stop saying I cant believe its the same jeep
and now your changing it again. well the old saying "third times the charm". awesome .......

aweber

This thread is :rainbow:
Staff member
Club Member
that is the one piece I'm on the fence about - I guess i'll see how smooth it all goes, I have a plan in my head (which I need to write down) on how I'm going to do it and I don't anticipate it being difficult. That's the great thing about a buggy - simple and easy access!

Found the pic when I pretty much started over on mine (got rid of the firewall, did the v8 swap, etc.)

Soo much work ;)

mucovich

Till Valhalla!
nice! - I'm taking the plasma to it tomorrow - i'll see about leaving some of the firewall, but as anyone who has cut up their rig knows - once you start it's hard to stop!!!!!

mucovich

Till Valhalla!
Enjoyed some more time in the garage - I have the stock frame about 60% cut out, what a really pain in the rear end it's been! Good riddance, between the rot, mud, old undercoating and the truck liner it's proving a chore to get it cut out.

DSCF4955.JPGDSCF4957.JPGDSCF4959.JPGDSCF4961.JPGDSCF4962.JPG

mucovich

Till Valhalla!
Everything cut out, started building new frame rails. I decided to use 2" x 4" 3/16 wall. Heavy duty and I weight the different options but with the big horsepower the new motor will be putting out I'm building it solid. They are in place and tacked in.

DSCF4966.JPG