Build Project - The Excessive Closet Juggy

blueguy

Jackstand Racer
So finally after my move back down East, I got a chance to get it out to see if the last couple of mods I made worked out or not. This winter I had a chance to get the rig out, and I noticed the rear driveshaft was binding slightly due to too much droop, so I redid the T-case X-member and lowered the rear of the case slightly, while raising the motor up 3/4". In effect , it's a motor mount lift, and t-case drop, except cost me about $4 in materials :D I am pretty limited in what I can do here, as the place I'm staying at has no garage, and openly burning metal is apparently frowned upon in this community. Gotta love military housing :( No worries for me though, the hunt for a new place begins end-Sept.

So far, it seems my adjustments worked out well. I just need to re-adjust the spacing on the front DS pillow block, reduce the motor's timing, up the hydro steering return line (currently -6, upping it to -8), re-do the hydro supply line (way too much whining from the pump) and sort out the rear coilover spacing from the tires.

A buddy of mine got access to a local gravel pit for some testing this past weekend:

Moving out to the pit:

A quick AVI to check A/S while climbing / descending some verticals:

Approach angle looks good:

Absolutely no suspension bind:

My wife's absolutely most hated view while wheeling (she doesn't do off camber at all ;) ):

All in all, it was a good time, even if it was only about 5 hours worth of wheeling. It's really nice to see the "adjustments" are getting fewer and fewer, and should be sorted with the lack of me being gone all the time now...

mucovich

Till Valhalla!
Looking good Nick!! I'm sure i'll be out your way sometime next year and i'll be bringing mine - lookin forward to it.

blueguy

Jackstand Racer
Looking good Nick!! I'm sure i'll be out your way sometime next year and i'll be bringing mine - lookin forward to it.

Sure man - by that time, I should have a good grip on local trails and have all the adjustments done. Of course, by then, I'll have done more mods and have to adjust them :D

blueguy

Jackstand Racer
Thanks Matt. Hopefully next summer when I get a chance to get home to Ottawa, I'll be able to bring the rig with me and hook up with you fellas for some good wheeling....

blueguy

Jackstand Racer
Sorry - no real updates or wheeling pics. All my free time these days is eaten up by work, and it doesn't look like it'll change any time soon. I may end up putting it up for sale if things don't change here soon :(

blueguy

Jackstand Racer
Yup - sucks big time. It's been sitting in my garage - I can hear it rusting :(

For the right price, I'd even deliver ;)

Impact

Bumping this up from the past!

We were talking about this rig yesterday at work.

Did it ever sell? New owner? Parted out?