Quinn trail Back to Front, Sun. - Oct.5

Mitko

The G-Spot
Club Member
As per our club schedule we will run Quinn trail Back to Front door this coming Sun. - Oct. 5.

Three meeting locations: Zellers parking Bells Corners, leaving 9.00 am. sharp, Brad leading; Antrim Truck Stop, Arnprior, 9.45 am and the Hidro Dam, 10.30sh. Anyone arriving late at a meeting point should proceed to the next one if no one else is present. Don't assume everyone else is late.

Quinn is not stock friendly any more (as some noticed), so the limitations are: min 33"...
Please login to view full content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

szabotage

thinking of joining as well, but why isn't it stock friendly no more? been on it a couple of times this year with no probs

Twinkie

Administrator
Staff member
Club Member
thinking of joining as well, but why isn't it stock friendly no more? been on it a couple of times this year with no probs

You wanna take a STOCK Sammi through there? Yours isn't stock, may not be heavily modified, but it's not stock either. Stock Jeeps will get swamped at the front door (right Matt?....and stock Trackers for that matter). The rocks are getting pretty bad for stock trucks, something small and on 31's has little to no issues, but something on 235's is going to have problems.

M

mxrenegade

I'd like to come out and see what you guys are all about, but I don't think my Jeep would be up to par. Only a stock TJ running 31s. :(

Twinkie

Administrator
Staff member
Club Member
I'd like to come out and see what you guys are all about, but I don't think my Jeep would be up to par. Only a stock TJ running 31s. :(

Well, it can be run easy enough in a Jeep with 31's. Matt has no problems with the trail itself (you will get minor scraping and banging), it's just the big ass hole at the end. It's deep if you don't take the right line, or listen to Mitko on how to cross water. Matt found out the hard way. It's Mitko's call as it sounds like he's leading.

bradleyfitz

Club Member
I'm in.

613.882.7507 for anyone arriving late to Zellers. Please be gassed up and ready to go for 9:00.

M

mxrenegade

Well, it can be run easy enough in a Jeep with 31's. Matt has no problems with the trail itself (you will get minor scraping and banging), it's just the big ass hole at the end. It's deep if you don't take the right line, or listen to Mitko on how to cross water. Matt found out the hard way. It's Mitko's call as it sounds like he's leading.

Well My 31's aren't Mud terrains, they are just the BFG Radial Long Trail T/A. So they don't have that aggressive tread. As for the scraping and banging, that doesn't bother me one bit.

M

mxrenegade

Well looking at last year's Quinn run pictures, I think it might be best if I try and hitch a ride with one of you guys for the first one. I don't want to get in over my head, seeing as I haven't got much experience.

chunkytrunks

That's MR.EX Pres to you!
Club Member

LOL!!!! Yes it can be done. You have to take a couple bypasses and you get allot of banging your skidplates and maybe a few tugs. And thats with a good set of 31's.
The trail is really getting washed out this year and rocks that were only 1' are not 2' or 3'. There is a huge difference between when we ran it in the spring and just a few weekends ago.

But being a Sunday i think maybe guys on 31's should grab a seat.

Oh yeah and taking the right line through the big ass hole helps.

dwcjwerfner

Club Member
I will be there as my plan is to actually see Quinn Lake lunch spot as I have been in twice from the back and once from the front and circumstances beyond my control (lol) have kept me from getting there.

Dwayne
:beer:

C

Cummins Land-Rover

I have a bachelor party the night before but if I can drag my butt out of bed I will make it...

:D

chunkytrunks

That's MR.EX Pres to you!
Club Member
I think i may come and try and hitch a ride with someone also. Brad, you still got a free seat?

M

mxrenegade

So Dwayne, if its still cool, I'll grab a seat with you.

I'll meet you guys at Antrim Truck Stop, Arnprior, 9.45 am.

Is there a place to leave my jeep at the trail head? Or do I park it at the Truck Stop and grab a lift from there?

Twinkie

Administrator
Staff member
Club Member
So Dwayne, if its still cool, I'll grab a seat with you.

I'll meet you guys at Antrim Truck Stop, Arnprior, 9.45 am.

Is there a place to leave my jeep at the trail head? Or do I park it at the Truck Stop and grab a lift from there?

Lots of room to leave your Jeep at the Mountain Chute dam. It's where everyone meets and airs down.