Rausch Creek, Fall 2008

G

Grumpy

Rausch Creek, October 16th to 19th 2008!!

Coming up soon...who's interested that I haven't already spoken to? It's a 7 hour drive down, we leave on a Thursday afternoon, wheel Friday and Saturday and be back on the Sunday evening....I'm still working on a date so stay tuned.

Last edited:

Farm Boy

Bought the Farm
I'd like to but other than the dates I've got booked already, I can't do anymore weekend trips until football is over mid Nov.

When were you thinking of going?

Cochise

Looking at their trail maps, how do their trail ratings compare to what I've seen used for our local trails?

They use green, blue, black, red.

If this is a n00b question, flame at will. (An answer within the salvo would be appreciated too.)

Searching goggles with "trail ratings colors numbers", I got this as the 5th hit: http://www.rockytrail.com/camoandcolorsminiskirt.aspx

Now I forget what I was looking for.

:beer:

Last edited:
T

TonyT

Hi!
I am interested, but first need a date to know if I can make it: work-dependent.
How many clicks did we say it was?
Tony T

G

Grumpy

When were you thinking of going?

So I should be outside right now getting my truck loaded to head to Chertsey but here I am online.....the date for this trip is Oct 16 to 19th. Hopefully those who want to go can get away with only working two out of the five days that week since Thanksgiving is on the Monday....if this is a real problem for those I have confirmed, please let me know.....otherwise it's awn!!

G

Grumpy

Looking at their trail maps, how do their trail ratings compare to what I've seen used for our local trails?

What skill level are you at? There are trails for every level, however usually those of us who go, are wheeling the more extreme trails. The benefit of going to a place like Rausch Creek is you are able to see a variety of trails and how others wheel them, and since most are quite short and near each other, all skill levels can go out for a full day. I must warn you however, that if the majority of trucks that go want to run the extreme trails you may have to join other wheelers of similar skill / truck cabability (there are people who show up regularily to wheel there from all skill levels).

G

Grumpy

Sorry John, I have set the date to co-ordinate with the boys from Maryland and some Hallowe'en festivites in Pine Grove, besides who, other than you, would be able to leave their families for the Thanksgiving weekend to go wheeling??

G

Grumpy

So I have confirmation from my friend in Maryland that there will 6 trucks meeting us on the Friday night for wheeling on Saturday...for those that were down in May with me they will remember the "stock" Cherokee that met up with us...well that truck ain't so stock now.....plus the other built Toys that were with him then will be back.....

T

TonyT

Rausch Creek

Hey Grumpy & gang,
I have to bow out, sorry.
Tony T

G

Grumpy

Hey Tony, no problem...it's too bad you can't make it, being there just once makes a believer out of most everyone, so hopefully you can plan to go in the spring! This is actually the FIRST boarding call for Rausch Creek...departing NEXT Thursday Oct 16th......all interested parties speak up now, we have three confirmed trucks from OVO, and we'll be meeting 6 trucks from Maryland on Friday afternoon at the park, and still waiting to hear from Mr. Bronco Buggy.....anyone else??

G

Grumpy

I'll probably have to work in the morning so I figure noonish, 1 pm time frame, barring any problems along the way that puts us at the park for 8pm or so. I'll call you this week to tee things up.

G

Grumpy

Alright folks, this is your final boarding call for Rausch Creek, departing from Ottawa at 1pm Oct 16th, with stops at the border, and for fuel, with an estimated arrival time of 8pm at the park. Those that are going please bring your membership tags for RC, and we'll be meeting at the same spot as we did in May. I will make calls today for final confirmation.

bradleyfitz

Club Member
Cool. I need a refresher on that meet spot, I don't remember what exit it was. Also, just checked the Rausch Creek website and looks like Saturday is going to be a busy day ... It's the New Jersey Jeep's association 2nd annual crawl for the cure. Their website says they're hoping for double last years vehicles (which was ~70). Guess we'll need to be on the trails early!!

G

Grumpy

So we are back safe and sound from another great trip to Rausch Creek, small write-up and pics to follow.....

G

Gadzooks

So we are back safe and sound from another great trip to Rausch Creek, small write-up and pics to follow.....

"small"

bwa ha ha....come on Steve, we expect nothing but a lengthy re-cap of the weekends adventures....:lmao: