Rausch Creek May 2nd

G

Grumpy

Trevor and I are commited to going. JD, Brad Morris, Richard and Mike Lorint have all expressed interest so even if I get two more people to commit it would be great. The minimum they (Rausch Creek) permit on a trail is two trucks, I would prefer 4 minimum. There is primitive camping on site and is free with the mandatory yearly membership fee of $10. Spaces will need to be reserved so I'll be waiting for at least two more to commit for that. There are campgrounds with amenities nearby as well as motels....The cost to ride is $25 per truck per day and $5 per day for passengers. Distance I have not calculated as of yet, will post as soon as I know. Figure in 6.5 hours from Ottawa, with the usual stops for food and fuel. Depending on the final group we'd leave Thursday midday, wheel Friday and Saturday and pack up come back Sunday. Check out for the on-site camping is 11am I believe so we'd be setting off at that time the latest. For road travel to the States two pieces of Government issued ID are required, ie; Driver's Licence, birth certificate, health card, etc. Passports can be used of course if you got one.

Twinkie

Administrator
Staff member
Club Member
FYI, as of July 1 (info for the fall trip) the US will be requiring passports for road crossings. I asked the last time I crossed in Prescott.

Twinkie

Administrator
Staff member
Club Member
I think we don't need a passport until next year as long as you have secure documents untill 2009. Here is the link :

http://cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/whti-ivho/menu-eng.html

I think the problem is the dates change depending if you are traveling by air or by land. You ARE required to have a passport if travelling by air, but not by land.

:smokin:

Just goin by what the US Customs dude said. And they are the ones who are you letting you in, not the Canadian gvmnt!

G

Grumpy

Thanks for the additional info guys, but can we keep this thread on topic? I have already stated the facts regarding the SPRING trip so let's leave all other non important comments out...I'll let the people taking summer / fall trips to the States figure out those requirements.....for now as I stated above 2 pieces of Government issued ID are all that is required for road travel into the States....now, who else is down for some spring wheeling action?

G

Grumpy

Alright, so I've spoken with Lynn from RC. She has booked us in for the dates, and will give me more detailed info on accessing the camping area after hours closer to our departure. All I need now is a few more commited souls....anyone?? I have also sent out an invite to the Zookpower boys so we'll see....

G

Grumpy

Check out what I found in the latest issue of Peterson's 4Wheel & Offroad mag.......hehehehehehe......looks like fun!
Sorry about the pic quality, used the scanner at home...the caption reads, "Rausch Creek takes out another one"

Last edited:
G

Grumpy

That's great guys, looking forward to your commitments....that will make 6 of us...perfect size group to go down.....let's hope the snow will be gone by then...Richard....you coming too???

T

Ton_O_fun

If I could find a trailer and tow vehicle, I'd love to go to this! I heard its a good place...not as good as Paragon, but still cool trails.

FYI - I was in Pennsylvania on Wed, there's no snow, it was 17C and people were riding motorcycles. Hard to believe its only a 7 hour drive from here!

G

Grumpy

Aw SWEET!! Thanks for the weather update Richard!! Three weeks to go!!

G

Grumpy

Well the latest update is Trevor is out, I will be talking with JD and Brad M this weekend to get confirmation from them. I will be hauling my trailer out of the snow this weekend as well and finishing off the stuff on the Samurai, (got the T-case swapped last week, so reinstalling front axle shaft and putting the wheels back on is what I have to get done), so I can try everything out and make sure its a go....Mike L, how's yer tow vehicle coming??

Mlorint

I'm in, should have the safety done today on my truck, samys ready, just have to wire some lights up on the trailer.

bradleyfitz

Club Member
Have trailer, will travel! I'm 100% confirmed now, I pick up my trailer on Tuesday. It just needs safety, plate, and a brake controller needs to go into the truck.

Richard

Commoner
Club Member
And I might as well confirm now that we're not going. :mad: Too much on the go this spring.
Take lots of pics and bring back stories :beer:

G

Grumpy

So Mike and Brad...how do you guys feel about pushing this trip back two weeks....I realize I've been pushing both of you to commit but it may work out better in the end...so it would be the first weekend in May.....I'm having a little work / money issue right now...a less responsible Steve would say "FUCK IT" and just go this Thursday....but I'm trying not to bury myself...so whatdaya think?? (JD wants to go but is having a tow rig issue, and I have a guy from Kingston with a buggy on 44's that wants to join us, but he's pretty much good to go whenever). Perhaps going two weeks later may give a few others the chance to get their shit together as well....(Brad Morris wants to come but hasn't trail tested his new rig yet). Bottom line is I really shouldn't be going this week....May 1st weekend would be much better...

bradleyfitz

Club Member
I'm ok with moving the date to that first weekend in May ... I will just have to re-confirm space at the kennel for my dog, which I don't think will be a problem.

It will make life easier for me anyway, as it will give me more time to sort out the trailer and tie-down's 'n stuff.

Mlorint

That works good for me. That'll give me some time to get the final touchs done on everything