Rausch Creek May 2nd

G

Grumpy

That's great guys, thanks....now the pressure is off all of us...so May 1st it is...I will contact the park to let them know of our change in schedule.....any chance the moderator for this thread could change the date on the title? (and correct my spelling mistake for "Rausch"). Also if someone could quickly change the date on the website calender as well.....sorry for the trouble!! Okay...so who else can make it for the first weekend in May???

G

Grumpy

Thanks Richard...well it looks like 5 of us are going...including a fellow from Kingston and his friend with a Rubicon on 36's......someone you might know...good old Doug Ball!!! So anyone else interested?? We got 2 Samurais, 2 J33ps and a buggy on 44's....should be fun!!

G

Grumpy

Well it looks like my Samurai is good to go with a 4:1 t-case borrowed from Chris Plumpton, so final arrangements will be done over the phone on Wed night....but before that, Brad and Mike, what in terms of stuff are you bringing? (camping stuff, like BBQs, utensils, dishes, tools, etc) Since we are a small group we should pack light, (less weight to burn up our gas!). We really only need 1 stove, 1 BBQ, 1 set of utensils and dishes, etc.....and I could provide all that stuff....Mike, I think you said you're bringing a wackload of tools, right? For food, we might as well wait till we get down there and buy it in the nearest town......what about 2 way radios, either of you guys have them? If so, bring them.....Someone should bring a few containers WITH water in them as we won't have any running water on site.....(cooking, cleaning, etc). Maybe Brad you could haul the water? I have a container I will fill and bring....perhaps you have one as well? Also make sure you have all the nessesary paperwork for your tow rig, trailer and trail truck...plus ID of course. Anything else I missed?? Oh yeah, a route to get there.....I know I85, but don't have particulars on the actual park and how to get there... anyone??

Last edited:

Twinkie

Administrator
Staff member
Club Member
http://www.rauschcreekoffroadpark.org/sis/direct.php

Directions to the Off-Road Park: From PA Interstate 81 take Exit 107 (Tower City/Tremont). Make a right at the end of the exit ramp onto Route 209 South heading towards Tower City. In the village of Joliett, make a left onto Joliett Street. Make another left onto Molleystown Road. Follow Molleystown Road until you see our entrance on the right. If using Mapquest, enter 453 Molleystown Road, Tremont, PA 17981 as your destination.

bradleyfitz

Club Member
I have a container for water when I camp, but I don't know if it's enough water for 5 guys for 3 days, but I will bring it. Worse case is we pick up a case of water for cooking at the grocery store I guess. As for cookware, all I have is a small backpacking stove, not so useful for cooking for a large group, but will do for a backup (or coffee).

For tools, I was just planning on bringing the usual, which will hopefully keep me self sufficient.

BlueAngel

I just wanted to say thanks to Steve for organizing this trip, and thanks to Brad and Mike, and Mike and George, (as well as my spotter/co-pilot, Corey) for the great company. I had an awesome time on and off the trails, and I'm already looking forward to go back.

Cheers, George (from Kingston).

bradleyfitz

Club Member
I'll echo that, thanks for putting this trip together Steve, it was awesome. I believe Steve is working on a write up, so I'll save my comments until later. Pics to come soon, I have to find some time to wade through them all.

Mucho thanks to George and Corey for good spotting. Thanks also to Steve and Mike for doing all the hill climbs first, thereby giving me the courage to do it too :p

:beer:

Mlorint

Same here. Thanks for seting everthing up Steve. I had a great time, lots of big rocks and hill climbs. :smokin: