Strange

G

Gadzooks

So I come out to my truck this morning, it's parked underground in my apartment building, and there is a note tucked into my door handle. Now I'm used to getting looks and people approaching me about my rig but this one is a doozy. It reads, and I kid you not!
"I like your SUV, let me know if you'd like to sell it to me for the real off roads of Africa"

signed "*****" and a phone number.

The thing is I came home late last night. So this dude is either stalking me? or up at whee hours of...
Please login to view full content. Log in or register now.

Twinkie

Administrator
Staff member
Club Member
Or, the dude leaves for work earlier then you do.

I've had 2 notes left on the Sami sitting in the driveway at home. And I'v=
e had 1 left on the 'Runner asking if I wanted to sell it, or sell the lift=
out of it. I called that guy and explained how it was lifted and what he =
had to do so he could lift his own.
The 2 left on the Sami I just ignored, then tucked it in the backyard so no=
one could see it anymore. And DUDE, open your freakin eyes on Churchill o=
nce in a while! I see you once a week at least (in the evening) but you ne=
ver see my arm hangin out the window at you!

Sent: Mon 1/12/2009 8:27 AM
Subject: [Contact OVO-t-1811] Strange

So I come out to my truck this morning, it's parked underground in my apart=
ment building, and there is a note tucked into my door handle. Now I'm used=
to getting looks and people approaching me about my rig but this one is a =
doozy. It reads, and I kid you not!
"I like your SUV, let me know if you'd like to sell it to me for the real o=
ff roads of Africa"

signed "*****" and a phone number.

The thing is I came home late last night. So this dude is either stalking m=
e? or up at whee hours of the night/morning on sundays.

Makes for an interesting morning thats for sure. Thread is a little slow th=
ese days, thought I'd open up the channel for everyone to post their wierd =
encounters due to oversize tires.

cheers
Gadzooks
aka: J.D.

J

JeepJen

Years ago I had a date and I was running late. Did very bad parking job and didn't take the time to fix it. After the movies I came out and there was a note on my car that said "Nice parking a$$hole, Merry F%$&ing Christmas!"
It was written on the sleve of a cigarette pack.
I know, nothing to do with tire size but still funny.

G

Gadzooks

Or, the dude leaves for work earlier then you do.

I've had 2 notes left on the Sami sitting in the driveway at home. And I'v=
e had 1 left on the 'Runner asking if I wanted to sell it, or sell the lift=
out of it. I called that guy and explained how it was lifted and what he =
had to do so he could lift his own.
The 2 left on the Sami I just ignored, then tucked it in the backyard so no=
one could see it anymore. And DUDE, open your freakin eyes on Churchill o=
nce in a while! I see you once a week at least (in the evening) but you ne=
ver see my arm hangin out the window at you!

I'm usually pretty good as catching waves, whatcha driving Terry?

It is possible he leaves earlier than I do, but man I'm out the door at 6:30am. Who knows, still a strange one.

G

Gadzooks

Years ago I had a date and I was running late. Did very bad parking job and didn't take the time to fix it. After the movies I came out and there was a note on my car that said "Nice parking a$$hole, Merry F%$&ing Christmas!"
It was written on the sleve of a cigarette pack.
I know, nothing to do with tire size but still funny.

Jen is your Jeep red? saw a lifted Laredo on what looked to be 31's last night on Island Park, first one I've seen in Ottawa.

Twinkie

Administrator
Staff member
Club Member
Either the Buick, or a red Dodge Intrepid. I know, I know, it's not a truck, I wouldn't notice a little car waving to me either.

G

Gadzooks

Either the Buick, or a red Dodge Intrepid. I know, I know, it's not a truck, I wouldn't notice a little car waving to me either.

Ha ha, yeah, I only wave to jeeps now. It's a Heep thing you wouldn't understand! bwa ha ha :lmao:.

I'll be sure to keep my eye out.

Twinkie

Administrator
Staff member
Club Member
Sure I understand. I owned one once. My left hand got a cramp waving all =
the time, fawkin wierdo's.

Sent: Mon 1/12/2009 2:45 PM
Subject: [Contact OVO-t-1811] RE: Strange

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkie View Post
Either the Buick, or a red Dodge Intrepid. I know, I know, it's not a truck=
, I wouldn't notice a little car waving to me either.
Ha ha, yeah, I only wave to jeeps now. It's a Heep thing you wouldn't under=
stand! bwa ha ha .

I'll be sure to keep my eye out.

aweber

This thread is :rainbow:
Staff member
Club Member
Sure I understand. I owned one once. My left hand got a cramp waving all =
the time, fawkin wierdo's.

LOL - They even wave to the FJ40 - The ones that are too stupid the tell the difference anyway... :confused:

Farm Boy

Bought the Farm
I always hate the "You goin' Jeepin?" when I have a Toyota.
I can understand people too stupid to realize what a FJ40 is but phuleeze, it's a frickin pickup on my trailer. :banghead:

J

JeepJen

Jen is your Jeep red? saw a lifted Laredo on what looked to be 31's last night on Island Park, first one I've seen in Ottawa.

Mine is Burgundy, close to red. But no that wasn't me. It's a rare occasion that either of my Jeeps make it into the city limits now. Man I love this country life :) (Except for the shoveling)

chunkytrunks

That's MR.EX Pres to you!
Club Member
Mine is Burgundy, close to red. But no that wasn't me. It's a rare occasion that either of my Jeeps make it into the city limits now. Man I love this country life :) (Except for the shoveling)

Yeah it's great. Hows the new place anyways?

Richard

Commoner
Club Member
Came home from Christmas to shingles blown off the roof and a flood in the basement. Oh and got the water results and the water has bacteria! It's great!!

Welcome to the wonderful country life ;)

Bacteria is easy to deal with, just need a jug of bleach. And get yourself a battery powered backup sump pump, it's worth the investment.

And if your house is near any agricultural fields you may want to get your water tested for pesticides, the one used on corn lasts for many years and can reach underground water sources. Let me know if you need details.

J

JeepJen

This bacteria is AFTER a jug of bleach has gone through the system. I shouldn't need to bleach it on a weekly basis.
I don't think there are any crop farms near us, there are 2 horses right in the back yard. I suggested to Ty that it might be the manure but he said with there only being 2 it's unlikely.
I did one more test today and we'll see those results. If it's the same I'm contacting the lawyer. Worth a shot seeing as we paid him a flat fee for any issues after the fact.

As far as the leak we would have been fine if the second sump pump was working. They had dug 2 separate holes and had 2 pumps, but just left dirt at the bottom. We put cement in the holes but the dirt had already damaged one of the pumps. We figured we had more time before we needed them. Guess we were wrong. We've since been able to repair the second so we'll be fine next time.

Richard

Commoner
Club Member
That's pretty bad for the well, only thing I can think of is an animal fell in the well.

I had 2 regular pumps then one burnt out due to the hose being clogged. We're not sure, but we think a mouse crawled in from outside and died in there, the water was 1/4" from the edge of the sump pit when I noticed. That's when I bought the battery backup one, that way I have some protection in case of a long power outage, and it sounds an alarm if it comes on telling me the primary pump isn't doing it's job.

Buster

Club Member
I just have to continually point to the grill where is says SUZUKI (not Jeep)

I had 2 regular pumps then one burnt out due to the hose being clogged. We're not sure, but we think a mouse crawled in from outside and died in there, the water was 1/4" from the edge of the sump pit when I noticed. That's when I bought the battery backup one, that way I have some protection in case of a long power outage, and it sounds an alarm if it comes on telling me the primary pump isn't doing it's job.[/QUOTE]

Which pump did you buy Richard??