The Rager

aweber

This thread is :rainbow:
Staff member
Club Member
For the others running buggies - do you guys just use bolts on the steering arms, or the cone washer alignment stuff? I'm not that familiar with 60's, but I remember Bill preaching about it in one of his articles to ensure that there is no slop at all for the arms to sheer the bolts.

ARP Studs with cone shaped nuts. (No cone washers like the Toyota used - The nut has the cone built into it)

R

ROUGHcrawl

At the time I had these made I didn't have long enough studs or conical washers, so they were made with extremely tight tolerance specific to each knuckle. The design had steel inserts to allow conical washers but was much more expensive. So then first gen version is purely to test the strength of the aluminum.

R

ROUGHcrawl

Ya they are very simple and so far very tough. I'm not one to go easy and they handle it well. Not much work done the last couple days but we did have some glass break so we removed it all. Hahaha

R

ROUGHcrawl

Doing some tube work today. Figured I should show you guys how I anchor my bender on a dirt floor.

R

ROUGHcrawl

I'm thinking doors off and tube work time. The sound of crunching panels suck no matter their size. Made a stinger and recycled some bmx handle bars.

The lesson I learned from all that damage is that the old military tires aren't the greatest when wet. Less traction then I could have imagined. So I'm gonna groove them and put new boots on the to save for list.

Last edited:
R

ROUGHcrawl

A few pics of our recent progress as we transform from a truggy to a buggy/bouncer

szabotage

awesome tubework! so is ttb's in the spring forecast? seeing more ttb/koh style builds lately on internetland

Richard

Commoner
Club Member
That's some nice tubework there:cool: Did Chris make any parts for this buggy or are you just advertising for him?

R

ROUGHcrawl

@mucovich Thanks!!
@szabo haha I had wanted to build an ifs but solid axle is much more affordable to maintain and smash!!
@YJ_Driver thanks glad you like it. Chris has machined a bunch of parts for this build and I'm sure there will be more. Also he provided the v8 and the ranger cab at a very low price!!

R

ROUGHcrawl

Well this project is still alive just not updated on here. But I figured I
Could share some pics.

A few changes have been made. I picked up a ford zf5 manual transmission, shortened the wheel base down to 112 from 128. Oh and the cage has changed a lot. But we also got a new shop (bought a shop, house came with it.) so that helps. We are also working on a wee race truck.

Last edited: