Wanted: Built Yota

aweber

This thread is :rainbow:
Staff member
Club Member
The 3rd member is on the Drivers side on a taco, toy axles are all passenger side drop....

Looks like you will have to keep your eye's out for a Dana 44....

R

Root Moose

44 front, 9" rear.

This might be helpful:

http://moose.ca/axle_widths

That is really nice truck. If it were me, don't go to crazy building it. Don't dovetail so you can still use it as a proper work truck. Keep your tire size to 35" or smaller so you can still DD when the mood strikes without white knuckles - or use it for hauling trailers, etc. Generally, just keep it sane. ;)

aweber

This thread is :rainbow:
Staff member
Club Member
44 front, 9" rear.

This might be helpful:

http://moose.ca/axle_widths

That is really nice truck. If it were me, don't go to crazy building it. Don't dovetail so you can still use it as a proper work truck. Keep your tire size to 35" or smaller so you can still DD when the mood strikes without white knuckles - or use it for hauling trailers, etc. Generally, just keep it sane. ;)

Then there is no need for the SAS then :flipoff:

Farm Boy

Bought the Farm
Wouldn't an IFS lift cost about the same as SAS?
Other than welding woudn't the skill level required be about the same?
Obviously SAS is far superior, wouldn't it be worth it?
:confused::confused::confused:

szabotage

to NOt wheel that taco is a sin! sure it's in pristine condition but would you tell the owner of a brand new rubi to not upgrade or wheel it?

tweak, I say go for it! build that taco! lots of good resources for parts and fabricators in here :D

M

Morley

Beleive me folks, I have no issues doing body damage to my taco... It is my second vehicle...

I would not go dove tailing it, not my style and not worth the effort in my opinion.
But still keep it as a truck in the event that I need to bring home a new bigscreen TV from Costco one of these days ;)

Still looking for fabricator help, or a built yota...

I'm in the Limoges Area BTW....