Carp Trail Run Sat. Aug. 16

Mitko

The G-Spot
Club Member
As per our club schedule we will run Carp trail this coming Sat. - Aug. 16.
Two meeting locations: Zellers parking Bells Corners, leaving 9.00 am. sharp, Brad leading; and Carp fair ground, leaving 9.30 am.

Carp trail is pretty much stock friendly trail (although bigger 's better), with few water crosings, l'l bit of a rocks and big mud hole at the very end (crosing optional). Good starting run for the new members/newbies at the sport. Depends of the group size it takes between 2-5 hours...
Please login to view full content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

2Greys

Insert title here
Club Member
I am planning on going. As mentioned in an introduction thread, I have a hitch but have removed the ball. I may need to borrow a d-ring from someone to go into the drag bar if that is ok. Also how long of a tow strap should I get. Is there anywhere in the west end?
I doubt I can get to PA before the weekend.
Looking forward to it!!

Farm Boy

Bought the Farm
Crappy Tire sells some. Best bet is a 3" x 30' Make sure it has loops on both ends and NO HOOKS. 30' is WAY better than 20' and 40' is great if you can find it. 20' is rarely enough. If your truck is small, 2" is Ok but 3" is better. Alot of force when you hit the end of the strap trying to jerk someone out of the mud (or someone pulling you)

aweber

This thread is :rainbow:
Staff member
Club Member
Since when do you ban certain vehicles? :)

He is responsible as the trail leader to make sure everybody makes it through the run safely and nobody ruins the fun for the group. ;)

Just like I would never bring my buggy to track day at Mosport RaceWay, A car has no business off-roading :lmao:

I'll be there :beer:

chunkytrunks

That's MR.EX Pres to you!
Club Member
I might be in depending on if i get my shock remounted or not this week. i'll let you know closer to the date.

chunkytrunks

Club Member
LOL!!! thanks. Yeah, i 'm getting a new shock pin from mitko today. Mine went missing on darling. I will probibly be able to do it sometime after work this week but i'll let you know.
:beer::beer:

2Greys

Insert title here
Club Member
I may have room in my Jeep to have someone run shotgun with me. Actually would prefer it since this will be my first time.

S

Steve B

I may be comming as long as I get my new Drag link on and maybe add some strength to the new one,,,,.

2Greys

Insert title here
Club Member
So Canadian Tire has 2"x30' but they have hooks on them and they are 49.99. I was thinking of getting them but the holes where the hooks are attached are really small. I went to OFS and they had a 2"x30' and they look to be really well built but they are $96 (yikes).
Picked it up though. Did I get ripped off?

Twinkie

Administrator
Staff member
Club Member
Should have went to Princess....

Sent from my Windows Mobile=AE phone.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: August 12, 2008 4:37 PM
To: Terry Brummell
Subject: [Events/Trail Runs-t-1313] RE: Carp Trail Run Sat. Aug. 16

So Canadian Tire has 2"x30' but they have hooks on them and they are =
49.99. I was thinking of getting them but the holes where the hooks are =
attached are really small. I went to OFS and they had a 2"x30' and they =
look to be really well built but they are $96 (yikes).
Picked it up though. Did I get ripped off?

chunkytrunks

Club Member
Yeah, should have definetly went to princess. I got mine for $40. That easily would pay for your gas, and time plus some.

K

Kenny245

I"m In

As per some tips from the other posts I have not yet mounted my front tow hooks, but will use a ring attached to my rear receiver and bring a tow strap. See you guys at the Zellers Parking Lot. I have a 01 Dodge Ram (Black).

Looking forward to it. Plan on bringing a friend as another potential new member, he just got in a bike accident, so may still be a little too sore for the bumps.

S

snippy

4" is too wide, it won't stretch like it's supposed to. I personally prefer a 2" strap for trucks < 5,000 lbs as they'll have the right amount of stretch. PA does have 2" x 30', I saw them last week. And NO HOOKS!!!!

I think you meant to quote 2Greys :)