Carp Trail Run Sat. Aug. 16

S

snippy

Anyone happen to have a grease gun with a zerk fitting they can bring tomorrow? Need to lube up my nipples :lmao:

Guess I'll have to buy one eventually, though the Jeep doesn't have any other zerks, just the ones on my new TeraFlex front discos.

2Greys

Insert title here
Club Member
Welcome to the world of canadian jeeps. If you can heat up the nut then give it a try. Heat it till it's glowng orange. But i would definetly try using a breaker bar like Brad said.
Good Luck!
:beer::beer:

Breaker bar did the trick.

But it definitely shows how warped my front bumper is. I can get in the bolt for the steering box and the existing bolt on the bumper but the third one is too short. I need to go to OFS on my way home tomorrow and see if I can find a longer version of the bolt.

T

T.McD

Hey guys, I'm not a member but was wondering if i could get out for a run with you tomorrow to carp. I'm part of eotb but would also like to get out with other groups aswell. I have all the recovery gear and tow points, 33's and a locker in the rear.
Let me know thanks

Trevor

Last edited:

Mitko

The G-Spot
Club Member
Hey guys, I'm not a member but was wondering if i could get out for a run with you tomorrow to carp. I'm part of eotb but would also like to get out with other groups aswell. I have all the recovery gear and tow points, 33's and a locker in the rear.
Let me know thanks

Trevor
No problem, you are welcome. Guess you know the meeting spots.

B

blair_b

Finally got rid of my pooched abs system. Brakes bled. Should be good to go. See you guys at the fairgrounds.

2Greys

Insert title here
Club Member
Hi, forgot to ask yesterday but does anyone have a spare d-ring for my hitch draw bar that I can borrow for today? Doubt anyone will see this since we meet in 2 hours.

Twinkie

Administrator
Staff member
Club Member
Just show up. If you get stuck and a d ring is needed someone will lend you one.

Sent from my iPhone

On 16-Aug-08, at 7:03 AM, "2Greys" wrote:

Hi, forgot to ask yesterday but does anyone have a spare d-ring for my hitch draw bar that I can borrow for today? Doubt anyone will see this since we meet in 2 hours.

bradleyfitz

Club Member
Pics are up: http://www.ovo.ca/gallery2/v/TrailRides/carp-Aug08/

I didn't come out unscathed. I somehow managed to break an upper control arm mount (which is trussed to both axle tubes). Clearly it was fatigued before this run and I didn't notice on a post run inspection for the last couple of trail runs... I did Carp in 2H with the exception of the mud hole attempt at the end, which I went 0 for 3 on.

First breakage!! Sad that it had to be on Carp :banghead:

2Greys

Insert title here
Club Member
Pics are up: http://www.ovo.ca/gallery2/v/TrailRides/carp-Aug08/

I didn't come out unscathed. I somehow managed to break an upper control arm mount (which is trussed to both axle tubes). Clearly it was fatigued before this run and I didn't notice on a post run inspection for the last couple of trail runs... I did Carp in 2H with the exception of the mud hole attempt at the end, which I went 0 for 3 on.

First breakage!! Sad that it had to be on Carp :banghead:

That sucks. But the pictures were great! I had an awesome time and can't wait for the next time.

T

Trick Cyclist

Thanks Mitko. And great photos Brad. Had a blast. Looking forward to the next one.

2Greys

Insert title here
Club Member
Well there was definitely some damage done but it wasn't to the Jeep. I hurt my foot when I trotted back to get my luch. Mr right big toe hurts still. It might be a little swollen. I think I may have aggravated an old running injury. Grrr

J

JeepJen

Those arial shots are awesome. Looked like a good run. Wish I was there but I had to work at 6am :(

S

snippy

They're actually from the June trip, but no biggie, they're pretty old. I can tell I was still stock at the time, since apparently I had this fascination with everyone else's front end :p