Carp Trail Run Sat. Aug. 16

2Greys

Insert title here
Club Member
I think you meant to quote 2Greys :)
Yeah, I am going to PA tonight after work and taking back the one from OFS.:clue:

UPDATE Got a 3"x30' tow strap from PA. After tax it was $46.

Last edited:
T

twinotter600

I'm gonna to bring the Safari if it is available. Will let yous know.

T

twinotter600

Aw Fawk again. I lost my Safari to cash so I won't be there. I'll try again in a few weeks when my LWB gets here.

chunkytrunks

That's MR.EX Pres to you!
Club Member
I got my shock remounted last night. Thanks to Mitko for the new pin and Brad for passing it along to me. I now have to fix my tire and flush my tranny and i will do that tonight. I'm 70% sure i'll be going.

2Greys

Insert title here
Club Member
As mentioned if anyone wants to go with me, my passenger seat will be empty. I could use the advice.

bradleyfitz

Club Member
As mentioned if anyone wants to go with me, my passenger seat will be empty. I could use the advice.

Are you meeting at Zellers or Carp? I may ride shotgun with you, I'll decide Saturday morning (decision also depends on if my Jeep is running or not). Regardless, we'll make sure you get advice in the appropriate spots on the trail.

2Greys

Insert title here
Club Member
Are you meeting at Zellers or Carp? I may ride shotgun with you, I'll decide Saturday morning (decision also depends on if my Jeep is running or not). Regardless, we'll make sure you get advice in the appropriate spots on the trail.

I was going to meet at Zellers, you are welcome to ride

S

snippy

Trust me, as someone who had never done *any* off roading and went out with a 3 week old 2008 vehicle, they'll take good care of you on the trail :)

Mitko

The G-Spot
Club Member
Trust me, as someone who had never done *any* off roading and went out with a 3 week old 2008 vehicle, they'll take good care of you on the trail :)
yea, go left, go left.... I am not goin any left...:)

S

snippy

yea, go left, go left.... I am not goin any left...:)

:lmao: I was more worried about dunking my head in the lake, than a few scratches on the passenger fender from the rock face :flipoff:

Did get a nice scratch on the drivers side from that tree though, from the drivers door right back to the tail light. "Uh, where the hell is the trail?" Chicks dig scars right? :smokin:

aweber

This thread is :rainbow:
Staff member
Club Member
:lmao: I was more worried about dunking my head in the lake, than a few scratches on the passenger fender from the rock face :flipoff:

Did get a nice scratch on the drivers side from that tree though, from the drivers door right back to the tail light. "Uh, where the hell is the trail?" Chicks dig scars right? :smokin:

LOL, Seeing my squeeze through the tree's with the FJ40 must have had you thinking "What the hell" :flipoff: Until I walked back and told you we would cut the branches out of your way :beer:

2Greys

Insert title here
Club Member
Well I am looking forward to it and have almost a complete spray bomb of factory colour. My rocker guards and steering skid came in. In typical fashion the bolt (steering box) that I thought would be difficult to remove wasn't. I still haven't got the one that attaches to the bumper to even move. PB Blaster hasn't done a damn thing. I was hoping to have at least that done before Saturday.
Any suggestions? I am reluctant to really force it for fear of the bolt shearing or stripping. I may just wait until it goes into the shop.

T

Trick Cyclist

Hi folks, joined the forum last night (but not yet joind the club) and spotted the Carp run. Is it too late to tag along? I have a JK 2dr (2"BB 33") just itching for some mud! Cheers Simon

2Greys

Insert title here
Club Member
Hi folks, joined the forum last night (but not yet joind the club) and spotted the Carp run. Is it too late to tag along? I have a JK 2dr (2"BB 33") just itching for some mud! Cheers Simon

I am pretty sure you would be welcome. I too am new. Just check out the requirements and make sure you got the important ones!

bradleyfitz

Club Member
I still haven't got the one that attaches to the bumper to even move. PB Blaster hasn't done a damn thing. I was hoping to have at least that done before Saturday.
Any suggestions? I am reluctant to really force it for fear of the bolt shearing or stripping. I may just wait until it goes into the shop.

Are you using just a standard sized ratchet? Try using a breaker bar (longer, more leverage) or add a bar to the end of your ratchet to get some extra leverage. I doubt you will break those bolts or the welds holding the nut in the frame (but hey, shit happens, so don't blame me if it does :p).

2Greys

Insert title here
Club Member
It is a 1/2" ratchet with a T-55 Torx. I was going to go and get a breaker bar this afternoon and try again. If I was to try heating it up, would that work and how long should I heat it for?

Are you using just a standard sized ratchet? Try using a breaker bar (longer, more leverage) or add a bar to the end of your ratchet to get some extra leverage. I doubt you will break those bolts or the welds holding the nut in the frame (but hey, shit happens, so don't blame me if it does :p).

chunkytrunks

That's MR.EX Pres to you!
Club Member
Welcome to the world of canadian jeeps. If you can heat up the nut then give it a try. Heat it till it's glowng orange. But i would definetly try using a breaker bar like Brad said.
Good Luck!
:beer::beer: