Chertsey Sept 5 - 7

BillaVista

PrettyBoy
I'm planning on going, know the way, but don't know the trail system out there very well.

Plan to leave Friday and set-up camp before supper. Maybe a night run, or just fire, food, and beer Friday night.

Wheel Saturday and Sunday.

Break camp either sun night or Mon morning.

Only thing I don't know is what to do if someone is already in the camping spot when we arrive??

Who's in?

Twinkie

Administrator
Staff member
Club Member
I'm planning on going, know the way, but don't know the trail system out there very well.

Plan to leave Friday and set-up camp before supper. Maybe a night run, or just fire, food, and beer Friday night.

Wheel Saturday and Sunday.

Break camp either sun night or Mon morning.

Only thing I don't know is what to do if someone is already in the camping spot when we arrive??

Who's in?

If someone is in the same spot we used last year, stop, introduce, ask if it's ok to camp there too. If not, up the road further on the left is another parking/camping spot, not as nice, but gets the job done.

Farm Boy

Bought the Farm
I'm in but have no idea of the trails. Was only there once 6 or 7 yrs ago

John, I know you said you were stepping down as Pres, I didn't know that meant you were passing on everything. :flipoff:

Last edited:

BillaVista

PrettyBoy
OK, AFAIK there are no major events planned for the w/e.

Plus the bridge is rebuilt so we no longer need to take the long-way round.

So who's in?

C'mon gang - it was great fun the last 2 years.

John? Tim? Terry? Scott? Pete? Trevor?

Get it!!!!

Twinkie

Administrator
Staff member
Club Member
I'm in if the LWB is done, she's getting closer though, I can see a distant light at the end of the tunnel. I think Scott & Andy said they'd be up for it as well. Pete M. has no I'net, someone would need to call him.

Farm Boy

Bought the Farm
Is the Sept 13/14 weekend better for people?
I just found out that my oldest' first football game of the season might be on the 5th, not 100% sure yet.
I don't want to miss the run, just trying to keep the family happy too.

BillaVista

PrettyBoy
John,

I'm not sure how much of a run there is going to be unless we get some more takers.

For me personally, I already too the Thurs-Mon off work, but of course there's no reason folks can't go on the 13-14, I just won't be able to

Mitko

The G-Spot
Club Member
So who's in??
I would like to. Will confirm closer to date though. And it will be litle bit harder for me as I can not run the same trails as you big boys, dont want to ruin my ol lady more than it allready is. Anyway if something did not change count me in.

BillaVista

PrettyBoy
Mitko (and anyone else who may be concerned),

We'll run whatever the group(s) want to run. Doesn't have to be hardcore. Meant to be a fun family w/e. All about the fire and food and company and maybe a drinkie or two in the evening as much as it is wheeling. Trail riding during the day, kids and dogs and whatnot running loose and having a blast in the evening. Camping, stories, swimming, etc. etc.

Kick back, relax, have a good time to finish the summer.

tlowe

I would love to go!!!!! will try and convince the family to come also......

I would have to be back Sunday night for work Monday........

Trevor:beer:

Farm Boy

Bought the Farm
John,

I'm not sure how much of a run there is going to be unless we get some more takers.

For me personally, I already too the Thurs-Mon off work, but of course there's no reason folks can't go on the 13-14, I just won't be able to

Ok, date can stay as is, I'll work something out. Might need night friendly directions to get there :D

Oh, no "H" in my name :flipoff:

Farm Boy

Bought the Farm
I would like to. Will confirm closer to date though. And it will be litle bit harder for me as I can not run the same trails as you big boys, dont want to ruin my ol lady more than it allready is. Anyway if something did not change count me in.

I might have a spare seat if you were interested. Will know closer to the date.

BillaVista

PrettyBoy
I would love to go!!!!! will try and convince the family to come also......

I would have to be back Sunday night for work Monday........

Trevor:beer:

Trevor,

Tell Angie that Laurie would love her to come. We'll have a good time. Kids can play together. Camper is big enough for kids to shelter and play games even if weather goes south. We can sit under the shelter and drink! :D

Farm Boy

Bought the Farm
Directions to Chertsey?

So it looks like I'm going to have to drive up early Sat morning to try to keep some peace in the house. Probably leave Kanata about 4 am so I do the last part in the daylight rather than leaving here about 10 or 10:30 Fri night and doing it all in the dark.

Is there someone else that needs to go up at this time?

Can someone give me directions how to get there?

G

Grumpy

So who's in?

C'mon gang - it was great fun the last 2 years.

John? Tim? Terry? Scott? Pete? Trevor?

What? No invite for me?? :( I will be going and will have Brad Morris and his father following as well....(no, Steve Morris is NOT bringing the Landcruiser to wheel with, he'll be riding with Brad AFAIK) We will be leaving after work on Friday night, probably meeting up with Andy and Scott.