Family SxS 4wd Buggy

daaboots

This should be the last of the mill/lathe work for a while now. Next up will be the cage and everything that goes along with that.

These adapters go from the Polaris 4x156 to a 5x4.5 bolt pattern.

junkpile

Every time I check in on this thread I end up also spending 15mins checking out used lathes on kijiji, lol

daaboots

It's starting to look like something I could drive! The base of the frame is all tacked up, gas tank and seat mounts are done, working on the pedals right now. I found a place in Toronto that can harden my axle shafts so I'll get those sent out soon. Found a company called Motion Pro that does extended cable for my clutch pedal.

It's getting there!

Kunker

Administrator
Club Member
For a guy looking at U4 IFS setups online, those are some seriously tiny diff's. Looks good, and I can't wait to see the finished product.

daaboots

Getting so close! Added light bar, shock mounts, more frame tubes, lengthened the tie rods, roughed in the coolant lines, and lengthened the 4wd prop shaft.

Kunker

Administrator
Club Member
Looks great. I'd like to try my hand at header building some day. How will the exhaust be hung to account for engine twist? Seems like a lot of leverage right now.