Family SxS 4wd Buggy

Loco

I'd wheel it
That's awesome. I've been loving this build. Now that you're nearly done I'll no longer be able to live vicariously through this thread. I'm going to have to get out there and work on my own junk.
Well done sir. Can't wait to see the shakedown run.

daaboots

That's awesome. I've been loving this build. Now that you're nearly done I'll no longer be able to live vicariously through this thread. I'm going to have to get out there and work on my own junk.
Well done sir. Can't wait to see the shakedown run.

Don't worry about that, still lots of little things to take care of and yes all the shakedown run videos. Hopefully nothing serious comes out of that. The first run is always both terrifying and exciting!

daaboots

Finishing up a bunch of the little details. Seats mounted, all lines secured, seat belts going in, etc, etc. My brake line parts are finally in so I should be giving this thing a shake down run this weekend!

daaboots

Another video! Hooked up the brake lights and mounted the engine electronics on the firewall, then I started making the gas filler neck extension tube attachments.

daaboots

Picture update! I have a few decent runs under my belt now and things are going really well! Man I love 4wd! I ran into a small issue tonight when the clutch cable at the motor end slipped of the lever arm for some reason. I'm slowly getting use to the GSXR600 engine. The engine starts making some serious power at 6,000 RPM. When I have the trans in low range, I can let the clutch out without touching the gas and it just crawls like a tractor - perfect for the rock crawling*on the trails I go on.

Anyway, some pics!

Finished the gas filler neck extension and found a really nice spot for my chain saw (it's one of those new cordless electric type)

Bench seat mount.

First couple runs with the whole family!

Event with all that ground clearance, I still managed to get my frame hung up on a stump... should have just went through the mud hole I guess ;) Thank goodness for a 4000 lbs winch!

Richard

Commoner
Club Member
Nice to see this running on trails and looks like fun.

Sooooo....when are you starting full production? ;)