LJ Fetish

V

valley dad

ahh there you go never heard of it before..
you learn something everyday..

Impact

Got my donor tub earlier this week... spent alot of time measuring and remeasuring... with not being bolted down and the sides being cut it wasn't very even and square :banghead: BLSXJ came by to give me a had leveling it up and marking the lines.

Lines all drawn and tied up ready to be cut...

15" filler piece to turn the TJ in an LJ :) Gave myself roughly 3/4" to play with once everything goes together.

Impact

Man up already! We can get the CJ stretched before you leave!! Tons of beer required but we could do it :)

Well I figured that the suspension frame mounts weren't just going to make themselves... So this afternoon I cut up some 2X4x.25" and .25" flat stuff to start forming all my lower frame control arm mounts. Need to drill, patch and weld together but you get the main idea.

Impact

Got my Brown Dog Motor Mounts in the mail on Friday... Ultra flex rubber with a 1" lift. Looks like a quality product!

Made a little more progress today... Got the engine/tranny pulled so the TJ frame is ready for pick up.

Had a couple extra hands come over to help get the tub mounted up on the LJ frame... And the tire placed in it's "proper" location... Looks good!

Impact

Got a little more work done this week... King pins pulled on the D60, lower control arm mounts built and uppers almost done...

Clamping them down to weld.

All welded up.

Drilled out. Nice a snug!

Trimming the corners.

Second set of uppers all drilled out... After the first set weren't offset enough :banghead:

Upper mocked up on the "frame".

Checking the lowers on the "frame".

mucovich

Till Valhalla!
Nice George. Oh and thanks for the 14 bolt yoke. It was a bit of a pain getting it off the pinion but I got them swapped and it worked great!

V

valley dad

did you get that steel from me at pemco??if not shame on you lol.let me know when you need something or just drop in at the Julien street location ok..

BLSXJ

keep asking that question....
Last time you and I talked you quoted me 300% higher then two metal suppliers in Ottawa. ( that was on a couple hundred dollar order)

Has your pricing structure changed? are you offering discounts to OVO members?

Impact

keep asking that question....
Last time you and I talked you quoted me 300% higher then two metal suppliers in Ottawa. ( that was on a couple hundred dollar order)

Has your pricing structure changed? are you offering discounts to OVO members?

Metal was purchased at Metal Supermarket in Ottawa. I made a couple hundred dollar purchase from them and there was a slight hiccup on their end for 2 sheets of 12"X12"X.25"... Once we both realized what had happen the next day they offered to drive to Petawawa to deliver my 2 sheets! "Like" for Metal Supermarket in Ottawa!

Interested in hearing a response to BLSXJ question.

Impact

So after receiving my tail light buckets last week that I plan on running for this project I quickly realized that my "JEEP" TJ tailgate hinge assembly wasn't going to work with the light assembly... :banghead:

Today I managed to score a fiberglass CJ tailgate. Awesome!

Only problem with it is when I was removing it from the CJ the two nutserts for the hinge popped out... Any advice for fixing that?