LJ Fetish

Impact

Of course ;)

Rear control arms are all cut, welded and cleaned up. All rear suspension mounts are setup and fully tacked in. Rear crossmember is tacked in. Tub removed. Getting ready to fully welding suspension and crossmember.

Having a dinner Saturday night if you and the family are around.

Impact

Rear suspension fully welded up.

Crossmember welded back in... 5" stretch and no money spent on an aftermarket tank... awesome!

Last edited:

Impact

Well don't have too much to update...

Decided it was time to start getting the transfercase issue resolved. Started with my TJ NP231 with a Teraflex Extreme SS SYE that I pulled off along with everything else I didn't need for the doubler and Louie now has.

It's nice to find this deep inside the 231... "MADE IN CANADA"

Here is the D300 I got from Funysandman a couple years ago...

Tearing the D300 apart and putting new bearings in...

I had Mlorint run his fancy Torchmate over some metal for me... Tramp stamp cut along with maple leafs for the corner guards. Thanks again!

Outline marked for the new rear lights I plan on using...

Front mounts all reamoved and ready to mock up some XJ leaf springs.

Tub and engine/tranny along with Brown Dog motor mounts all installed for hopefully the last time. All holes drilled and nutserts installed :banghead: for corner guards and tramp stamp.

mucovich

Till Valhalla!
nice work George. are you running a stock leaf pack up front or a lifted one? what are your plans for the setup? I've seen too many rigs with leaf spring fronts get continuously hung up on the shackles everytime they come up on an obstacle.

Impact

nice work George. are you running a stock leaf pack up front or a lifted one? what are your plans for the setup? I've seen too many rigs with leaf spring fronts get continuously hung up on the shackles everytime they come up on an obstacle.

I'm not overly concerned about the shackles hitting anything. The majority of barriers at the local malls really aren't that high so I doubt I'll get hung up on them.

Impact

Ya for sure just shoot me a text whenever to make sure I'm home. If you need your pinion nut socket let me know... I haven't got around to using it :(

Impact

Played around a little more this week... The D300 got wire wheeled and paint while the rest of it's parts all got cleaned up. Shifter housing got cut for clearance, drilled and tapped for plugs to close up the rail housing.

Corner guards, rockers and tramp stamp have all their holes drilled and nutserts installed. Going to have to trim some of the metal infront of the rear tires... clearly I could have stretched it more... but then would have had fuel tank issues.

Tramp stamp painted and tail light buckets cut into corner guards and tub. Need to start wiring up the new tail lights and probably start hooking the engine back up.

Roughly 11" of stick out... Hmm...

Impact

So I decided to tackle my corner guard issue of the tires rubbing... Drew the curve of the current opening and then extended the center section almost 5"... Tire at full bump and no contact front or rear... also leaves me some room to push the axle back a little more if need be... just need to clean up and smooth out the opening.

Rear lights/buckets are all cleaned up and painted along with the wiring all redone and plugs into the TJ wiring system and also works :)

It's been a frustrating last couple of weeks... dealing with different people/businesses and realizing that life now is about making money... not making quality products or honest sales... but making money. There are a few good ones out there but I have learnt that if I can possibly make it myself then do that... and if I can't then don't set my expectations too high. Started bolting my front clip on to my frame... front end of my frame that was never been in an accident or damaged in anyway... apparently... is fawked... so...

Just finished watching this on W5... prime example... buyer beware. If you plan on buying a used vehicle this is something definitely worth watching...

http://www.ctvnews.ca/w5/investigat...n-the-roads-after-being-written-off-1.1207469

That's all for now... :banghead:

louie

It's been a frustrating last couple of weeks... dealing with different people/businesses and realizing that life now is about making money... not making quality products or honest sales... but making money. There are a few good ones out there but I have learnt that if I can possibly make it myself then do that... and if I can't then don't set my expectations too high. Started bolting my front clip on to my frame... front end of my frame that was never been in an accident or damaged in anyway... apparently... is fawked... so...

Buyer beware is right! Sorry no sympathy here seeing I recently bought a cpl "good condition low milage parts" and bam close to 300 bucks later I have a usable part. Hell thats almost what I paid for it. Its not just buisnesses