LJ Fetish

V

valley dad

my buddy had a fiberglass body toyota and ended up graphing in sheet metal at all the fastening locations to help solidify the whole thing....
he only added little pieces of like 3"x3" pcs

Last edited:

Impact

Haven't had much time to work on her lately... but I did get a little more done today.

Got some goodies for my conversion... Genright LJ 4" stretch corner guards... and Sinister Fab LJ 5" stretch rocker guards.

Clamped the corner guards on to the "exact" location... Going to fill in the tailgate hinge holes, cut holes for the new taillghts, cut the tub for the LJ gas cap location and possibly relocate the Evap system.

Got both sides on and had to do some adjusting to get them to the 15" mark for the LJ length.

Cleaned and trimmed up the filler piece... just going to need some minor buffing in certain areas... might have to do some hammering to make certain lines to meet up since the two tubs used are not the same.

Mitko

The G-Spot
Club Member
keep asking that question....
Last time you and I talked you quoted me 300% higher then two metal suppliers in Ottawa. ( that was on a couple hundred dollar order)

Has your pricing structure changed? are you offering discounts to OVO members?
Bwa ha ha...
I would like to know the answer too...
This is how some busineses work - they quote you 300% over and than they give you 25% discount... you are so happy afterall...

Sorry for the hijack George. Great job!

V

valley dad

keep asking that question....
Last time you and I talked you quoted me 300% higher then two metal suppliers in Ottawa. ( that was on a couple hundred dollar order)

Has your pricing structure changed? are you offering discounts to OVO members?

yes I offer a discount to anyone that is a 4x4 enthusiast ,wether it be ovo , ojc , or any other club .
Don't know what you quoted or who quoted you. next time call me.
613-732-3685 ext 235.
I have mostly all the mild steel you will need right here.
Anything other than what I got , I won't be competitive on , because of shipping.
I make no commision on sales, I just like trying to help out people with whom I share the same interests.

Impact

Well I haven't gotten anything done in the last couple of weeks up until this weekend...

Filler piece is fully welded in, wire wheeled/grinded/sanded, wax & grease remover applied, Rust Check primer applied and Hemi Orange sprayed on the sides. Since the corner guards are going to cover up the sides I'm not concerned about the difference in orange or using bondo to cover things up.

Sandblasted the knuckles and tried pulling the Dana 60 carrier... super tight! Guess I'm going to need a case spreader... Any suggestions?

Or should I just do it the "Professional" way?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2D0VpZ753Y

Impact

yes I offer a discount to anyone that is a 4x4 enthusiast ,wether it be ovo , ojc , or any other club .
Don't know what you quoted or who quoted you. next time call me.
613-732-3685 ext 235.
I have mostly all the mild steel you will need right here.
Anything other than what I got , I won't be competitive on , because of shipping.
I make no commision on sales, I just like trying to help out people with whom I share the same interests.

Cool. I'll give you a shout the next time I need material.

Pulled the Dana 60 carrier out... decided against going the "professional" route like they suggest in the video I posted.

Tinkered in the garage a little today... New bearings, seal, rotor and 2" spacer mounted up...

Rear tires bolted up and centered where it will normally sit... Hopefully this is also ride height too :)

13" of ground clearance for the 14B at 30psi with no load...

Hoping to get the link and coil mounts welded up this weekend for the rear.

Impact

nice work George, what's the width going to be?

The outer edge to outer edge measurement is roughly 82" for the rear... I was hoping to maybe not use the spacers but with the super wide pitbulls I have to. Maybe my next set of tires will be some 11" wide boogers... LoL

Impact

Some minor updates...

Drilled out the knuckles for 3/4" steering, sandblasted the knuckles and spindle and put TMR's 3/4 ton conversion brackets on.

Can't get your inner spindle bearings out? Weld in a piece of metal to rhe bearings and pound them out...

Leveling and marking the front 60 to be trimmed...

mucovich

Till Valhalla!
nice work george! have you figured out the numbers on the 4 link calculator yet? you are close i think.

oh, and are you modifying a cover for the shave or getting one pre made?

Impact

I'm going to run the numbers I sent you on the weekend... The beauty about making your own brackets is that you can cut them off and cut them up if you don't like the way it handles :)

I'll be running a Solid cover just like on the rear...