LJ Fetish

Impact

A couple little updates...

Took the stock tranny mount and modified it to work with my planned setup...

Cut up some more pieces... frame brackets for the tranny crossmember and support plates to mount on the inside of the tub for the rockers.

With the help of Mucovich I got the start to the frame bent up... alot more to add still... but it's a start :)

I can see it coming together... I think...

Started hooking up all the wiring and changing out the fluids... need to lengthen the rear wiring harness still... hope to get her running by the end of the week.

Impact

Thanks guys!

Some more small updates...

Finished up the crossmember frame brackets.

Finished up the crossmember.

Extended the rear wiring harness.

Still plugging away at the 60 shave...

And tube bender...

And the best part of today...

Impact

Bumping this back up from the dead...

My little one helping me install the tranny crossmember...

Finally got around to getting my half doors and CJ tailgate painted by a local shop. While I was at that I ordered up some Hella light covers, Unlimited Bestop deck cover and CJ tailgate seal from the guys at PJF4x4.

Since I was able to sell my stock steering off to someone and help them out I decided it was time to purchase my PSC steering kit...

While I was getting the steering kit sorted out I figured that a nice set of TMR Customs highsteer arms would go well with the kit :)

I've been slowly puttering away putting my Dana 300 back together... After banging my head a couple of times :banghead: with the shift rail I finally figured it out. Drilled and tapped the case for a breather/fluid level indicator.

Also started plugging away at a support for the Dana 300 output...

Impact

I was lucky to grab a factory unlimited roll cage just to get me by for now till I can focus on the finer things in this build once she is rolling.

-35* Outside... Great time for a throw out bearing to let loose! Ended up giving S.Sanderson a hand with his clutch job :p

Once things slowed down this fall I was able to focus more on my 60... Since I had a hole I needed to sort it out! I cut up and welded some 3/4" steel, milled it, drilled and tapped it, then started cutting the new Solid cover to fit.

mucovich

Till Valhalla!
Nice fab work George, I probably missed it but how much clearance are you gaining? This is gunna be one bada$$ 60.

jlalonde

Hey just wondering how wide those pitbull's are?
From everything I read they are almost 18" wide when mounted.
Is this true?

I'm also interested in how much clearance you gain with the shave?

Justin

Last edited:

Impact

With the shave anywhere from 7/8 to 1.5"depending on where you a measuring. Having done this once I might have done it slightly different if I was to do it again.

With the Pitbull's mine are 14" from edge to edge of tread pattern contact area... But actual side to side just above where the side wall writing is you are probably 16-18".