PROJECT!!! Buggy Build

Farm Boy

Bought the Farm
Finally some pictures.

For starters, I've learned that BTF will not sell that pinion guard by itself. That one comes with the their truss kit and they sell one without the upper bracket for use by itself. Apparently it's too difficult for a custom shop to make one of something. I'll have to make one.

Please note, I still have alot of finish welding to do, some braces to add and get proper lenght bolts

Got a couple bars in to start the trans tunnel/seat mounts

Frame side lower front link, still have to add a brace back to frame rail

Nice smooth transition onto the skid

Pass side link axle mount

Panhard mounts to inside of pass frame and onto upper link axle mount. Mount tucks inside frame rail on compression

Yes, this mount leaves alot to be desired right now but it's a work in progress, had to make sure things fit before I did too much work to it.

Farm Boy

Bought the Farm
Again, leaves lots to be desired, double shear the pahnard mount, bracing, finish welding, blah, blah, blah, but you get the idea where I'm heading

Upper link frame side

Going to plate in the bottom of all this

Steering cyl from the front. The fittings on it are just what happened to be there to plug the holes, they will obviously be changed with new lines. Also the puny little bar infront of the cyl is just a mock-up tierod for clearances and to keep the wheels turning together as I check for clearances.

:beer:

Farm Boy

Bought the Farm
Realized that cylinder is actually a 3" bore so dispite being free, is just way too big to use. Stopped by PA today for a look at what they had and found the perfect solution.
They have some cylinders on clearance sale, $160 marked down to $54, some assembly required:

So with a bit of work, I'll actually end up with a cylinder that will better fit my needs at 1/3 the cost :D

Z

zuk4life

what is the max length you could make the stroke for that cylinder i want to make the pipe bender hydralic