PROJECT: Little Pumpkin at the Zooklounge

S

SuziCrazy

Good stuff!! Just don't go rolling it backwards ;-)

Hummm if I didn't know any better, I'd think that was a cheap shot at me :flipoff:

BTW Jamie I like the profile picture!

Last edited:

trukie

Zooklounge Crawler
Club Member
Well looks like I'm going to be a Zook only guy soon. Matt should be getting the Rubicon soon. Just means that I'll have to speed more 'Cabbage' on the Pumpkin.

Dash is out of the Sami now, just need to pull the heater case out to remove the multiple pound of mud in the case the PO left in there for me. A little heat would be nice for spring wheelin:). After its back together it will be time for a Cage and harnesses to make the wife happy. Then upgade the pwer steering pump to a PSC unit. Screw the one handed power steering I want the one finger steering:flipoff:.

Cheers Jamie :beer: :beer:

Farm Boy

Bought the Farm
What good is a heater when wheeling should be done without doors (or even better without a roof)? :flipoff::stir:

trukie

Zooklounge Crawler
Club Member
Farmboy - Learned a defogger would be nice at Suzican when it was pouring down rain and tied on a tarp for a roof (left the top and door at camp:p) while running Crag Lake. Windshield fogged right up and I was stuck driving 'Ace Ventura Style' - Definanly not safe driving like that:eek:.

Finally got the heater case out and found that it is completly full of dirt and debris. Its packed right up to the cowl. Bringing it in to work this week to clean up/free-up. Hopefully get it back together next weekend. Make it mobile for a trip to the Zooklounge :D.

Cheers Jamie:beer:

trukie

Zooklounge Crawler
Club Member
Pics of the new UBER Anti-wrap bar - No bending leafs for me. It is made of 1.75" 1/4 wall tubing :smokin:. Grease fittings for the 1" 1/4 wall tube for the slip and twist. Attached by 3/16" plate bracketry at the axle with 1/2" bolts and a Kick link bushing to the front. Scott says it will not break - sounds like a challenge:lmao:.

View attachment 642

View attachment 643

View attachment 644

Last edited:

Farm Boy

Bought the Farm
Pics of the new UBER track bar -

Looks like it should be up to the tast.
It's a traction bar or ladder bar. A track bar controls lateral movement of the axle and you don't want one of those -- hinders articulation too much. ;)

Snazzy new diff guard too I see!

szabotage

the longer the trac bar, the less articulation is lost, at least that was my experience with leafs on the front of my zook.

trukie

Zooklounge Crawler
Club Member
Looks like it should be up to the tast.
It's a traction bar or ladder bar. A track bar controls lateral movement of the axle and you don't want one of those -- hinders articulation too much. ;)

Snazzy new diff guard too I see!

Fixed - now calling it an Anti-wrap bar:flipoff: for you ya picky Bugger.

Cheers Jamie :beer:

trukie

Zooklounge Crawler
Club Member
Cutting the rear wheel opening to fix the rubbing/misplacement of the flares.

View attachment 676

Much better placement of the flares and a bigger opening.

View attachment 677

Also done this weekend is :beer: and replacing the transmission with one that I can actually shift into first and second without beating on the shifter:banghead:. Dual Optimas and winch is wired and ready to go:smokin:.

All I need now is the cage and harnesses (parts and tubing is all bought)

All in all a great weekend/week of work.