Build Project - SS Cherokee

mucovich

Till Valhalla!
lol, no beer in the house right now (i know, shamefull), they are 2" joints (small) but are sized for me to use my RE arms. I'm just going to cut off the bushing ends and weld these in.

mucovich

Till Valhalla!
Well I had a visit by the Purolator dude today, I'll be putting it all together tomorrow. The 9" pinion guard is even beefier than I thought it would be! :)

You can see the ORD 1 ton steering on the left (thanks again Jon!)

Last edited:

mucovich

Till Valhalla!
I put together the new knuckle and threw on the steering arms, so far it looks good :).
I picked up a 2x4 3/16" piece of square tubing today for a truss for the 9". I'm keeping it simple and I will start the mock up tomorrow, pics to come...

Farm Boy

Bought the Farm
Lookin good, wish mine was making as quick of progres.
You are welcome on the steering, thanks for buying it :)

dwcjwerfner

Club Member
40+ hours of garage reorganizing/cleaning......I will overcome!!! But seriously the garage looks really good and their will be room when you need to put those under the XJ

dj

Baja

Truss looks good
Just a suggestion though, I am going to bring mine right across over the pumpkin to make a flat spot just in case I decide to go 4 link further down the road.

mucovich

Till Valhalla!
Scott, we're thinking alike! I fabbed up a 3rd piece to bridge the pumpkin to give me that flexabiliy for a 4 link (which I'm sure will happen one day in the future whether in this rig or the next). I'll be starting the welding process on sunday along with the upper arms, I'll probably tack weld it up tonight.

So after ALOT of cut off wheels and a trusty grinder (man I wish I had a big bansaw - would've saved alot of time!) everything is cut and fitted.

here it is rough cut...

And after some grinding...

and the last piece...

mucovich

Till Valhalla!
he he heh :glasses:, thanks George, it'll be me that is green with envy this summer when I'm deployed watching everyone wheel via the internet :(

Impact

Are you seriously complaining? Your getting a paid vacation with a bonus! I can't wait to go over...

mucovich

Till Valhalla!
so I got a bunch of work done today, first my arms...

No more trashed bushings!!!!!
started with cutting the old stuff off

no turning back now!

then fitting the new joint on

after some carefull rough welding

after some final touches and some paint

and to finish it off