Cut up some of the aluminum panels last week, trying to use up all the extra stuff I had laying around the garage. Dropped off the TH400 at the tranny builders this afternoon and picked up the mock up block, near the end of next week I figure i'll pick up some sticks of DOM and start building the front part of the chassis. I've got some designs in mind although I'm planning not to deviate too far from the design I cut off. Really liking the look of the Trent Fab "top shelf" chassis, fairly similar.
A guy in Renfrew, retired tranny guy who does trannies or a local race team. Chads is done, him and his old lady daily drive it. JPs is done to, he had a lot of issues this year though, motor caught on fire at Rausch (caused a fair amount of damage then as soon as he got that fixed he broke the output shaft in the transmission. All is fixed, and he'll be ready for spring.
Cleaned up years of oil and dirt off of the fire wall and threw down some paint, bolted up the dash panel and started to play around with the layout, ATLAS is 95% ready to be bolted up to the tranny when it gets back and tossed the wheels on the front to get an idea of how she looks so far.
Wow, I've been putting in the overtime in the garage lately! Gotta get stuff done when I can. Pretty much finished tubing the front end - I had to represent with the small chevy emblem - subtle. Also got the engine cage in place - i'll be cutting the tube and taking out some of it to replace it with these interlocking tube clamps I got from TMR a while back. it's looking better then I had envisioned - final welding everything in going to be a pain!