Build Project - SS Cherokee

D

Dirk

Good job buddy., enjoy.
But...did you forget to mount the drivers door? :)

mucovich

Till Valhalla!
So I didn't make it to Rausch Creek this time around, I just couldn't beat the clock! It was a busy 4 days before the guys left, but a bad master cylinder and brake booster beat me. We spent 14 hours trying to fix and trouble shoot wednesday but at around 0200 I knew it coudn't be fixed in time to go.

Wed morning...

out with the broken and in with the incompatible (we didn"t know this yet)... :banghead:

at this point the idea of not making rausch was creeping in so the jeep got a good kick (and a few choice words)...

So, just because I wouldn't make Rausch didn't mean i was going to give up! At the very least i wanted to have it ready for some wheelin before i deploy at the end of the month. Thursday I was able to get another master cylinder and booster and it went in like butter. I buttoned up the rear driveshaft including a few small details. This is thursday night (friday morning) 1 am ready for a test drive...

and these are some pics after a rip around Dwaynes yard and a rip up and down the road, everything worked great!

So late this afternoon dwayne and I took a rip up to he gorge for a shakeout run, it worked awesome and had no problems! :)

Dwayne did a bunch of work to his rig too, so it was a shakeout run for him as well...

Cochise

Too bad about RC, Marek.

Rig's looking good. Putting in those axles I got from ya tonight.

:glasses:

blueguy

Jackstand Racer
Looks good dude - I dig the orange driveshaft :D Sucks how the little stuff can beat you down and make you miss an awesome run even when you give yourself enough time to get everything done :(

Why go through the trouble of the high steer and still leave your tie rod in the stock location? Of course, this coming from a guy who's spoiled from having full hydro :lmao:

Drop me a PM about your deployment dates - I'd like to get a look at your rig before you go. I'm outta here back to the College of Knowledge in June for a few years, so it'll probably be the last time until you come down for Recce / Ops - that is, unless you can avoid that bit of asspain again :flipoff:

mucovich

Till Valhalla!
Thanks guys!

Yeah, I had a bunch of orange paint left over so i thought i'd put it to good use. The stock tie rod was plan B, we ran into binding issues with the one i was going to use. That is due to some of the bracketry being in the stock location and isn't too high steer friendly. In the fall i will be going to heims and redisigning it to include centering some of the culprit brackets over the axle tube to allow more room. I'll be home every day next week chillin with the family, drop by any time!

Oh yeah, i'm pretty confident i'll be in gag town next year - i'll be haulin out the jeep so we'll have to get out and you'll have to show me the trails!

Marek

mucovich

Till Valhalla!
Well, we got out yesterday and had a great time. We did Crag lake front to back, man I love an early summer! Here are some pics...

mucovich

Till Valhalla!
no, it was out near calabogie, i couldn't make RC because i was a day late in getting it all together and running. I see you're looking for a trailer - did you get the superduty yet?

stinky rat

still looking for a trailer. just buy a 2010 ( brand new ) king ranch ford pick up. i will have it a the end of may .

mucovich

Till Valhalla!
So that's all the wheelin for me for now, I'll be deploying until the fall shortly, hopefully it's a long summer so i can get some wheelin in before it snows! I do have a fairly ambitious plans for the cherokee for the 2011 season. I plan on doing a tear down and possibly chop the rear end although just how much is yet to be decided. Some things I will be doing next winter are...

1. hydro assist to include new box and pump

2. bump up to 37's

3. reinforce the "frame"

4. hybrid cage/exo

5. sort out my TC, not sure if a 4:1 rebuild or a whole new case is in order (got 5 months to decide)

6. sort out my hysteer and trackbar to include heim joints

Looks like it'll be a busy winter 2010/2011 for me! :p

chunkytrunks

That's MR.EX Pres to you!
Club Member
Stay safe, Too bad i missed the crag run. We will def have to go wheeling when you get back, maybe a snow run or two aswell.