aweber

This thread is :rainbow:
Staff member
Club Member
Well, It is running again.. No weird noises or anything :flipoff:

Time to start cutting up the body and bending tube!!!:glasses:

Buster

Club Member
Man, I'm going to have to start doing something. You and Bill are getting things done and I'm still driving my sled!!!

BillaVista

PrettyBoy
Are you going to get a motor that does not leak all the oil out when you roll :stir:

Maybe...but most importantly I need one that hasn't leaked all the power out :flipoff:

'course, you may want one that isn't missing two cylinders one day too! :stir:C

BillaVista

PrettyBoy
Just make sure that the new motor is right foot friendly, like floating valves and over heating.!! LoL

:lmao:

Yea, I'm still not 100% on the all aluminum motors like the LS-1 for this reason. Lets face it - whatever it is will get abused. Might be better off with an iron block 6.0L like an LQ9 or the like.

Buster

Club Member
Right and I'm taking my CJ to Big Dogs LOL

The doors hardly shut now! All it needs is a tube over the driver and its good to go!!! Dosen't have to be pretty for the West Virginia crowd....we may even get a better welcome this year.:lmao::lmao:

I'm talkin Toyota here and not the CJ.

aweber

Staff member
Club Member
If you check by original build up thread, I did a lot more work in the same time last time and had the truck ready two weeks before Spring Fever... ;)

And I had a brand new baby in the house at the time :banghead:

All I got to do is:

Bend Tube.
Make floor and side panels.
relocate battery.
install seats and 5-points.
mount winch.
make hood.
attach wiring, rad, etc to new body.

Cake Walk LOL :clue:

aweber

Staff member
Club Member
Got a question for you Bill, do you see anything wrong with these belts?

http://store.summitracing.com/partd...903695+4294789620+4294903744+115&autoview=sku

What is the difference between wrap-around and bolt-in?

I want individual, removable shoulder belts (I will use lap belt unless I know I am about to get into trouble then put on the shoulder belts)

BillaVista

PrettyBoy
I find that 3" are awful wide - tend to rub the neck and be less comfortable = you wear them less.

I think 2" is fine.

Is that price for a pair?

for ref. Poly has the 2" Crow 5 pt for $70 each.

Bolt in have metal tabs sewn onto the ends of the bolts which you, er, bolt in. Wrap around just have a loop at the end of the belt through which you put a tube (and presumably weld or bolt the tub in place afterwards). Wrap around are less hardware, but less flexable, and unless you have thos unbiltable tube clams connectors, you gotta be right the first time.

Bolt in are more flexible, but take more hardware and you usually have to make your own tabs for the chassis end.