PROJECT - "Truck No More"

aweber

This thread is :rainbow:
Staff member
Club Member
I find that 3" are awful wide - tend to rub the neck and be less comfortable = you wear them less.

I think 2" is fine.

Is that price for a pair?

for ref. Poly has the 2" Crow 5 pt for $70 each.

Bolt in have metal tabs sewn onto the ends of the bolts which you, er, bolt in. Wrap around just have a loop at the end of the belt through which you put a tube (and presumably weld or bolt the tub in place afterwards). Wrap around are less hardware, but less flexable, and unless you have thos unbiltable tube clams connectors, you gotta be right the first time.

Bolt in are more flexible, but take more hardware and you usually have to make your own tabs for the chassis end.

Thanks for the info, I tend to agree with the 3" vs 2" statement, I never thought about it but I hate wearing normal seat-belts for the same reason...

The 2" Impact Racing ones from Summit ate also under $70.00 but now you have me thinking about Crow, I just think the impact racing ones are sooooooooo cool looking LOL

aweber

Staff member
Club Member
Ordered a set of 38.5x14.5x15 SX's from PJF4x4 :glasses::glasses:

With the less tax and no shipping they came to about the same as 4WheelParts and I don't have to go over the border :banghead:

leadfoot

Club Member

With the less tax and no shipping they came to about the same as 4WheelParts and I don't have to go over the border :banghead:

Good for you. When are they coming in? I'm going there Saturday to pick up my high steer. :D

If they're there and you've paid for them, I can bring them back with me.

Let me know.

Andy

aweber

Staff member
Club Member
Good for you. When are they coming in? I'm going there Saturday to pick up my high steer. :D

If they're there and you've paid for them, I can bring them back with me.

Let me know.

Andy

He said they would be in next Thursday, Oh Well, LOL

Farm Boy

Bought the Farm

I guess I'll get to see just how worn mine are :glasses: ....

BillaVista

PrettyBoy
AW,

Where did you get the PRP seats?

Why did you choose PRP and why that particular model?

I'm struggling with PRP vs Beard vs Mastercraft.

and I'm struggling whether to get the deep style like you have or the "enduro" or "pre-runner" style that have the side bolsters only half as high to make it easier to get in and out. It's a challenge as it is in the Wolf.

Do you remember the exact mode of PRP in Charlie's trailer? Was it like yours but the "extra wide/tall" version?

aweber

Staff member
Club Member
AW,

Where did you get the PRP seats?

Why did you choose PRP and why that particular model?

I'm struggling with PRP vs Beard vs Mastercraft.

and I'm struggling whether to get the deep style like you have or the "enduro" or "pre-runner" style that have the side bolsters only half as high to make it easier to get in and out. It's a challenge as it is in the Wolf.

Do you remember the exact mode of PRP in Charlie's trailer? Was it like yours but the "extra wide/tall" version?

I got them straight from PRP, they have a nice online ordering system that lets you select all the colors and materials for your custom seat.

I believe mine is the exact same seat as what was in charlies trailer, Competition Hi-Back 2" wider.

I choose PRP because of what you said LOL, you said PRP is cheaper than mastercraft but close in quality plus after seeing Charlies, I went with what I have seen and knew.

I can't see the deep style being any worse in the wolf as you have to get your but over the door bar anyway, which is higher than the seat buckets is it not?

I am going to PJF sometime next week to pick up my tires, I could always swing bye your place with a seat and we can test fit it in the wolf if you like. Wanna go with me to Pierre's?

BillaVista

PrettyBoy
Excellent plan - many thanks and I'd love to ride with you. When we're up them we can talk to them about the American RFC visit.

aweber

Staff member
Club Member
Excellent plan - many thanks and I'd love to ride with you. When we're up them we can talk to them about the American RFC visit.

Sounds good, I will give you a call next week when I know they are in...

Got some work done today:

Parts Pile!!!

This is why the body is going in the garbage: (Look Familiar Andrew LOL)

Tomorrow I will start cutting stuff off the frame...

Last edited:

aweber

Staff member
Club Member
Is the front clip going back on or are you just keeping the firewall?

Just the firewall, I will be cutting even more off the firewall once it is secured by tube, right now the crappy remainder of the body is the only thing holding it in place...

aweber

Staff member
Club Member
Drilling and Tapping the box for Hydro Assist:

I don't have a 1/4 Pipe Tap so I will have to finish it up tomorrow...

Got these fittings at a local metal/hydrolic shop:

They are 1/4 Pipe to #6 JIC for $2.75 each (Cheaper than TG LOL)

I really wanted to go Full Hydro, but I do not have the $1600.00 to do it right, right now so it will have to wait till I do the front 3-link, next winter.

For IFS Box Tapping instructions go here:

http://www.wildyoats.com/hydraulic_assist_tech.htm

Last edited:

Mini-T

Sasquatch
So your going to be the VA state modified rock crawling champion this year?

Oh and PA has the 1/4 NPT taps for $5-$7