The Gorge, Sep 13th

J33P

We will run the Gorge on Saturday, September 13th.
Leaving from Zellers in Bells Corners at 9:00am, Snippy will lead the convoy out of the parking lot. Second meeting spot is the Antrim Truck Stop, around 9:45am.

I will be awaiting everyone at the turn off to Lower Spruce Hedge Road, just outside of Burnstown.

This is a stock friendly trail with by-passes for almost everything.

PLease post if you are comming and where you will be meeting the group.

Anyone arriving late at a meeting point should should proceed to the next one if no one else is present. Don't assume everyone else is late. :flipoff:

Can I pass along to OJC'ers ? I'm out of commision for a bit
http://www.ottawajeepclub.ca/photos/gallery/main.php?g2_itemId=41836

Twinkie

Administrator
Staff member
Club Member
Sure, feel free.

Sent: September-08-08 4:26 PM

Subject: [Events/Trail Runs-t-1374] RE: The Gorge, Sep 13th

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dirk

We will run the Gorge on Saturday, September 13th.
Leaving from Zellers in Bells Corners at 9:00am, Snippy will lead the convoy out of the parking lot. Second meeting spot is the Antrim Truck Stop, around 9:45am.

I will be awaiting everyone at the turn off to Lower Spruce Hedge Road, just outside of Burnstown.

This is a stock friendly trail with by-passes for almost everything.

PLease post if you are comming and where you will be meeting the group.

Anyone arriving late at a meeting point should should proceed to the next one if no one else is present. Don't assume everyone else is late.

Can I pass along to OJC'ers ? I'm out of commision for a bit
http://www.ottawajeepclub.ca/photos/...2_itemId=41836

S

Steve B

I went on this trail on Sunday with a Stock 2005 Blazer with 235/75/15 because I blew up my drive shaft in the F150 and had little to none in the way of problems but the rut's are getting a little bigger so the stock trucks will have to be a little carefull,,,,and yes Dirk I can handle the tail gunner if you need me too, the Ford should be ready for the weekend.:finger:

T

twinotter600

When yous stop for lunch, do you make a fire and cook or just slam down some food?

The guy with the Land Rover wants to know if his trailer hitch is good enough for a tow point? I am thinking yes.

The Safari is well equiped (except for tires) but I might have to take the running boards off.

Where would one post pics of my new rig?

Cheers,
Paul

Mitko

The G-Spot
Club Member
When yous stop for lunch, do you make a fire and cook or just slam down some food?
yes of course, we usually have BBQ, beer and other soft drinks, nice chat and so on for couple of hours, unless it is snowing :lmao:

The guy with the Land Rover wants to know if his trailer hitch is good enough for a tow point? I am thinking yes.
Abslolutelly NO - NO. The trailer hitch is NOT a towing point. The only one I know is OK belongs to a s****d guy with s***&*d Germann vehicle becausse the s*****d Germans have made the hitch as a part of the frame ;)

Paul, try to separate the joke from the serious stuff.

T

twinotter600

OK, I'll tell the land Rover guy to get a draw bar with a heavy duty ring if it is acceptable.

Here are pics of the LWB Safari (low roof).

Billygoat

We'll that was short lived. I'm out (afternoon conflict). Maybe I'll drop by the burnstown meeting area for a morning chat though...

T

twinotter600

Regarding the run on Sat, how tough is it going to be on my alloy wheels? I have not had time to purchase another set with aggressive tires.

Cheers,
Paul

2Greys

Insert title here
Club Member
With huge thanks to Brad, (thanks Brad I owe you!!) I was able to swap out the steering box for a rebuilt Durango box. Barring any unforseen snags in the next couple of day with it, I will be going!

Unfortunately, I am planning on swappingout my ailing steering box for a new one and am unsure if I will have time to do it before Friday. Last thing I want to do is take it offroad without having enough time to make sure it is ok. So I am out this weekend

A

Alltornup

Hi everyone, new guy planning on making this run with you guys. I'll meet at Zellers. I'll be driving a green 1997 Dodge Dakota.

D

Dirk

Quick head count:
Looks like 11 meeting at Zellers.
Grant88
2Greys
twinotter600 and friend
FJGuy and a buddy
98JeepXJ
Trick Cyclist
jeep_on_juice
Alltornup
Snippy

departing at 9:00

4 more meeting up at Antrim.
chunkytrunks
indy4403
Mlorint
Steve B

leaving Antrim 9:45.

I will meet the group at the turn off from Burnstown road to Lower Spruce hedge road.
I will also bring a friend and his TJ.
http://maps.google.ca/maps?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1T4GGIH_enCA262CA263&q=burnstown+ontario

We also have tentatively joining us:
Cochise
Mud Lite
SuziCrazy

Thats 17 confirmed and 3 maybe's .... should be fun. :)

As stated earlier in the thread, if you are late or see no one else at the departure time, proceed to the next stop.

I assume weather dependant attendance refers to not going in the event of a sudden ice age, fall out from a mass extiction causing meteor impact or the like. :flipoff:
Rain is forecast and should make it a little more challanging, but very enjoyable day on the trail.
Hope to see everyone there tomorrow morning. :)