The Gorge, Sep 13th

G

Grant88

I'm out...

one of my wheel bearings decieded to crap out on me

S

snippy

I assume weather dependant attendance refers to not going in the event of a sudden ice age, fall out from a mass extiction causing meteor impact or the like. :flipoff:

(Has the Large Hadron Collider destroyed the world yet?)

http://hasthelargehadroncolliderdestroyedtheworldyet.com/

Some scientists, on the other hand, went to the European Court for Human Rights to try to stop the collider being turned on. They fear it may create a black hole ? which would certainly violate our rights by sucking the planet into... well we don't really know. Professor Sir Chris Llewellyn Smith of Cern says: "The chance we produce a black hole is minuscule." Which is not all that reassuring. But he adds: "Even if we do, it can't swallow up the Earth." It would be too small, and disappear in moments. In any case, they will only send the hadrons in one direction this week. The collisions start in October. Until then, at least, we're not all doomed.

Looks like I'll be there tomorrow morning.

bradleyfitz

Club Member
/Begin LHC hijack

/End LHC hijack

S

Steve B

Lol

I'll just be going to the turn off to the trail as well for about 9:30, Dwayne's not with us so we can be early for once, I'll have probably one other truck with me as well Dirk, Josh in his full size DOOOODGE.:D

W

Westcoast

Chello all

I'am in. Meet at Antrim. I don't want to hold you up on the highway. LOL

B

blair_b

my heep is still out of service, but I may show up with a buddy of mine in his blazer. Meeting at Burnstown at Dirk's spot. Purple Blazer- don't wait up.

Here's hoping... either way I bid you good run.

B

blair_b

gorge

hey,

heep is still immobile. Hoping on riding shotgun with a buddy of mine though. We'll meet at Dirk's Burnstown spot- Purple Blazer. Don't wait up.

Happy trails.

2Greys

Insert title here
Club Member
Silly question but how long does the Gorge usually take to do (barring any unexpected incidents that involve life, limb or something mechanical)?
And with 20 vehicles what is the expected time to take?
We have something that we have to be at around 6 (home by 5). Not a huge deal if we miss it, but would be nice if I can warn the people involved.

bradleyfitz

Club Member
Silly question but how long does the Gorge usually take to do (barring any unexpected incidents that involve life, limb or something mechanical)?
And with 20 vehicles what is the expected time to take?
We have something that we have to be at around 6 (home by 5). Not a huge deal if we miss it, but would be nice if I can warn the people involved.

Usually is subjective to the number of vehicles, experience of the drivers, and trail carnage. No real way to predict tomorrow. IMO, with this large of a group, I would count on us being there all day. That being said, I don't see any reason why you likely couldn't head out early along the hydro line and bypass all the obstacles to exit earlier than the rest of the group.

D

Dirk

Great day on the trail. I was a little worried about the number of trucks and it being slow going, but this moved along nicely. Thanks to everone who came out.

Ofcourse the day would not have been complete without fixing Steve's truck ...... :D

X2 on the Beer. Save it for after. I should have said something while we were out .... my bad. Next time I certainly will.

Last edited:

chunkytrunks

That's MR.EX Pres to you!
Club Member
Yeah, had a great run. And of course heading home something had to go wrong on my jeep. luckly i was about 200 feet from Steves place. The thrust bearing or something is gone. Guess it's a good time to replace the clutch and everything though, when the cash flow permits.
Is this a common problem on TJ's?

Richard

Commoner
Club Member
I don't think it's common, but sitting in the mud on the Quinn might have done it in. So yeah, might as well replace the clutch too.

S

Steve B

Beer And Trails

Ya I agree on the beer thing,,not good,,,I kind of feel responsible for part of it because it was someone that I invited but I told him the rules before he came,,,i'll talk to him about it tomorrow,, but we're all big boys and he should have known, any way had a really good time except for that, thanks to all for all the help on the trail.

Steve B.

T

twinotter600

"It is how others perceive us a drunk yahoos"

Aahhh, that's what I saw saw when I looked in the mirror this morning!:lmao:

Just kidding. So BBQ and water next time?

Thanks for a great Sat. Francis and the Rover out performed any expectation I had drunk up!

Those with heavily modded rigs, awesome. Just awesome.

Cheers,
Paul